Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wylie today

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie today

hooked up with kunes this am at his dock and we headed to one of our old haunts for a little crappie fishing. the bite was slow and in about three and half hours we only picked up several crappie, a white perch and a pretty nice catfish kunes caught. he had commitments to make so he had to quit at 11:30 and i fished the rest of the day alone, drifting and verticle trolling. the final tally for the day was 14 crapipe and 5 white perch. there was no slabs in the bunch. i.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    sounds like a pretty good day for a couple of nightstalkers rango... did you try the dock trick kunes posted that he saw during the tourney?
    no,, dint try that tool. we drifted and verticle trolled.the things we done last winter in this hole dint pay for us as the fish apperantly wasnt there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rango

Rango sound like your money will be going to someone else Sunday.We are still meeting tonight at 5:00.You will need cooler for medicine.

Post Thanks / Like

What time did you quit yesterday? About 3 o'clock I saw a 20' Sea Ark come into the cove by the house. I figured it was you stopping by to show me your big stringer of fish. That boat had a bait tank in the front just like yours--spooky. I realized it wasn't the beast when I saw it only had about 15 rodholders on it. Also, the guy drivin didn't have that stylish hat you like to sport. He was kinda slender too...
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    What time did you quit yesterday? About 3 o'clock I saw a 20' Sea Ark come into the cove by the house. I figured it was you stopping by to show me your big stringer of fish. That boat had a bait tank in the front just like yours--spooky. I realized it wasn't the beast when I saw it only had about 15 rodholders on it. Also, the guy drivin didn't have that stylish hat you like to sport. He was kinda slender too...
    i left the lake about 4 pm. I seen that guy in allison crk. when i left the hole we fished i went to allison crk and he was there drifting around the nuke plant bridge. He was a norman fisherman if i recall correctly, come to wylie to try the crappie. He had put in at the BB landing and was hittin different parts of the lake. He said that was the first time hed been in that part of the lake in over twenty years and was shocked to discover there was a boat landing within sight of where we was at after that long drive from the BB. His boat was just like mine. except it was a lot neater looking and had a metal floor instead of plywood and he had a bought storage box across the front instead one like i had. He hadnt caught nothing but one white perch. I did have a chance to pick up a couple lifters while he was drifting around me talking. it was embarassing. you know how i hate to pick up a couple fish infront of anyone whos not doing anygood . He was talkative and wanted to talk more about striper fishing than anything, as that was his main interest. He left me headin on down the lake. I figgered if you seen him from a distance youd think it was me. I had three of them hats to start with. wylie claimed one, and wateree the other. now i only have one . gotta protect it with life and limb them things costs ten bucks at the army surplus store..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Rango sound like your money will be going to someone else Sunday.We are still meeting tonight at 5:00.You will need cooler for medicine.
    yeah,, my boats been awfully quiet here lately. hopefully ill have paid my dues by then and the man upstairs will smile on me again. I think ive made him mad about something but cant figger what it could have been.. Ill be there with a BIG cooler