Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ohio River - Creek Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Ohio River - Creek Crappie?

Are the crappie still biting in the creeks on the OHIO? I am planning a trip today and need some quick info. If so how deep are they, what have you been catching them on? Any info would be appreciated. I will post a report this week if I do any good.
    Thanks,
    Bassky

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they are still biting in the creeks that I fish. We fish minnows under a slip bobber or popping a jig under the same. Some days they seem to be scattered and some days in thier usuall spots. Not a lot of consistency this year. We are catching 80% blacks right now. Last couple of days we have fished from 12 to 24 inches deep. From right on the bank out to the tips of laydowns. Good Luck to ya and let us know how you did.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Locust Creek 5/8

Fished from 5-8:45pm. Caught only 7 crappie, 2 were keepers. Fished with jigs, float and jigs, black and chartreuse, chartreuse 1/16 oz. leadhead with a curly tail. Got one bonus bass, full of eggs 2lbs. and one nice sauger around 1.5 lbs. Fishing was slow, fish were scattered. The hits came few and far and between, and very light. Most of the crappie caught were around 7".
    Bassky