Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looks like 93' all over again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks like 93' all over again

We'll guys I was at Smithville yesterday for 15 mins before I had to evacuate due to lightning. But the lake is 2-3' high then at 12:30 pm. That was before we got another 3" of rain yesterday. I know all the roads around here are under water, and no way they can let any water out.

So much for this years spawn. The lake will be muddy as heck within a day or two. I say its over for this year. What do you think? Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I thought last year's spawn was bad since we had weird weather. So much for this year too I guess. I was thinking of going to check out the water level later today. If I do, I will post a report.

It looks like rain the rest of the week also.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

As of about 12 noon on Monday the lake level (visual from the dam) was at 68.5- normal pool is around 65. I will keep my eye on it but I have a feeling that it's just going to keep coming up for the next few days. They can't let any water out at this point due to second creek is flooded and the Little Platte is also. Not sure what the crappie will do only time will tell.
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bridge on Birch road completely under water,water almost in the parking lot at the free ramp,city park flooded...carp swimming next to the swingsets...this is worse than 93 for our area will try to get a few pics up today

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the lake is HIGH. Most of the riprap behind Little Platte and Camp Branch marina is underwater. The points around the boat docks are flooded. Water is up to the weeds on the riprap on the bridge by Camp Branch. There is a ton of debris (trash, logs, brush) on the banks. It looks like someone left the faucet on and forgot to open the drain!

However, there were a lot more boats on the water yesterday than I anticipated. They were either going catfishing or just wanted to be on the water since it had stopped raining!
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Smithvile Lake level this am was 870 (according to the corps) and rising. Went out for awhile and the crappie are still on the original banks but mostly caught small males.

Word of caution to boaters on Smithville -- there is debris floating around the lake everywhere -- I went by a stump about the size of a volkswagon just south of W bridge today on the main lake right out in the middle just waiting for someone to hit it! BE CAREFUL out there.
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

No kidding I went over the dam and around W and over to C hyw. I couldn't believe all the stuff floating around the lake. Especially by the Dam.

W boat ramp was packed with trucks and empty trailers. Water looked not to bad clairity wise. My goodness I wish that lake looked like that all the time. The lake would be so much better. Lee