Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Color C Lector

Post Thanks / Like

Default Color C Lector

Did a search and didn't find anything recent so I'm hoping that there may be more feedback now.
    Have you ever used one?
    Known anyone who used one?
    What were the results?
    Waste of money or not?

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have one . i don`t jig fish that much . got it some years ago and i don`t take it all the time becouse my boat is crowde. i now have a pontoon and will use it more . i read articles on them . if you know the depth that the crappie are holding then you use it at that depth . remember that the transducer is under the water a couple of ft.
    red a artickle in a magazine wher a fisher man tried it and didn`t work . when he herd a fisherman talking about the fish he cought at a certan depth . he tried it at that depth and it worked . just another fishing toy :D
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use one back years ago when all I did was longline troll jigs. Alot of times I would wait until I hit a color that they were biting say 6 to 1 of the other colors before I would get it out and check it. 100 percent of the time it was right on that color for that depth and conditions. I always done well on a chart. jig over there but one day pink was really kickin' tail. Guess what color it said to use! Pink! Had this happen on more than one occasion.
    One thing that I noticed was as you changed depths the colors selected would change also.
    I've been wanting to get one of the new ones out now just haven't got that far down the wish list yet!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know that I'll run out and buy one but I may put it on my wish list. It does seem sometimes though that the more stuff you get to mess while you are fishing the less fishing you do.
    My kids have little patience for much of anything other than catching...the heck with fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I used one for years bass fishing and the thing was really reliable on the colors of bait to use.
    when i first started useing it i didnt know how to use it i dropped it in the area i was fishing and started catching fish right away then close to the place i was fishing was some boat stralls i knew held fish so i threw the bait the color selector said but no hits i couldnt understand it the oxygen and water clairty were the same so after a while of fishing it with no hits i dropped the color celector in under the stalls and it gave me a different color so i changed to that color and started catching fish.
    outside the stalls it was sunny and in the stalls shady so the colors were different. so you have to watch for changeing conditions , from one spot on a lake to another water clairty may change so just recheck color if your not catching.
    ~sticko~