Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Irrigation wells

Post Thanks / Like

Default Irrigation wells

I just put down my 6th irragation well down and having a problem.

30 ft down. 5' point with 10' of water in the pipe.

2HP 2" irragation pump and only getting 10 gallans a minute.

Any ideas anyone?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

if my father in law was alive iam sure he would have the answer,,i think i remember from working with him(had a well drilling and pump business) you need to go deeper as the water table your in hasn't enough head to replenish 10' of water in the pipe means just that,,,know when we drilled a well to get more gal per min we went deeper,,,,,some 1 else may have a better answer as i going on memory only fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You said you were 30 foot down with 10 foot of water in the pipe, this would mean your water table is at 20 foot. If this is correct you are getting to max that you can lift the water. I think 21 foot or so is all you can lift the water with a shallow well pump. This could be the reason you aren't getting a lot of volume. Another thing you can try if you have access to water is run a hose down your pipe and flush the point with water really good. Sometimes the screens get plugged up while driving it down. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Is your impellar big enough? Or installed on shaft correctly.Motor turning in correct rotation? This are the only things I know about. I could help if it were the motor. What RPM is the motor?