Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Gas

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Gas

Bump
    Last edited by north star; 05-10-2007 at 08:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not, I'm game, it's worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in !
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

I am in for anything that works. It is getting hard to drive anywhere without blowing your bank account. I think I am just going to have to buy a horse and ride him instead of driving.:rolleyes:
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I,m in

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be a wet blanket here but will it really help? I think it will make a statement. How loud it will be I don't know. If you know that you are not going to buy gas on the 15th then you would make sure to gas up before then. Doing that doesn't impact the bottom line of "big oil".
    Wouldn't it impact them more to not drive on the 15th?

I read something several months ago saying we should boycott brand X until they lowered thier price down to XX. Then boycott brand Y until they did the same. In the meantime if X raised thier price again freeze them out some more. Not sure that this would work either but lots of mom and pop stations would go under if X and Y didn't do something pretty quick.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in and will try to get everyone I can not to buy gas on the 15th. Maybe it will help and maybe it won't....but if your not willing to at least try to change things then you shouldn't complain about it ......jmho.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should have said this too in my post, I'm in too. Didn't mean to touch a nerve. I am willing to try about anything at this point. Since not driving at all is not something hardly anyone would be willing to do how about this? How many here would or wouldn't be willing to seriously curtail your driving for a week or month? Pretty much to work and back and stop for groceries and anything else you have to have on the way home No burning gas if you don't have to do it. No outboards! No driving to the lake!
    If there were a lot of people with me I'd do it!

Post Thanks / Like

im in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlesock
    I How many here would or wouldn't be willing to seriously curtail your driving for a week or month? Pretty much to work and back and stop for groceries and anything else you have to have on the way home No burning gas if you don't have to do it. No outboards! No driving to the lake!
    If there were a lot of people with me I'd do it!

Heck...I guess I've been on a boycott for the last month then. I have a 33 gallon tank in my truck. It's a V6, but it still hurts when I put $50 in and barely have a half a tank. I took a picture of the gas hand in my truck the last time I had a full tank! :D
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast