Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fished LOZ 4/17/07 - 4/18/07

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished LOZ 4/17/07 - 4/18/07

Well, I fished LOZ on Tuesday and Wednesday morning and had a good time. Tuesday was a lot better than Wednesday, but all in all was a good trip. Between three of us we caught around 40+ fish on Tuesday, keeping 9 and then Wednesday morning we caught about 15 total. Some of those were bass, bluegill, drum, and even a gar.

We were using jigs black/char, blue/white, and red/char. The other two guys in the boat with me were tipping their jigs with minnows. I was not. I would say we all caught about the same amount of fish using either method. Most of the fish we caught were in the 2' to 8' range. We were casting towards the shoreline and trolling some. There was a lot of garbage on the water from the recent rainfall which made it a little challenging at times.

We are just learning how to do this crappie fishing, so I felt pretty good about this trip. I want to thank everyone on this forum for your advice, it definitely played a roll in making this a successful trip.

Here are a couple pictures of the crappie we caught on Tuesday. Also, I too want to wish everyone who is fishing the tournament this weekend at LOZ good luck and have fun.

4WardMotion
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Hey 4ward- What part of the lake were you on?

Post Thanks / Like

Glad ya'll had fun....thats what its all about.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good time having a good time is the main thing catchin a few tops it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where we were at

Hey CMCDuck,

We were fishing an arm of the lake that is between Gravois Mills and Eldon. Not sure what it is called, but there were a fair number of fisherman and boats up that way. If you are heading out, good luck and enjoy.

4WardMotion