Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best 3 bank charger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best 3 bank charger

What would everyone consider a good 3 bank onboard charger? It needs to mount in a 12x8 area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiekeeper10 View Post
    What would everyone consider a good 3 bank onboard charger? It needs to mount in a 12x8 area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minn-Kota MK330D or NOCO Genius GEN3 30 Amp ..... but, in your case I'd say the NOCO (based on size) but even that may be too big The dimensions of the NOCO are :
    15.67lbs | 13.66 × 10.94 × 5.87
    The dimensions of the MK330D are : 20lbs - 16.25 in x 7.5 in x 4 in
    You can also mount these other than laying flat, so your 12x8 space may still work ??
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Pro Charging Systems 2-bank Pro series, USA made, good warranty. A little bigger and heavier than others, but dependable and proven. It can be reprogrammed for LiFePO4 (Lithium) batteries if you go that way in the future (when my heavy lead group 31s are done, I'll be doing that). I have a smaller NOCO charger for the lithium battery I run my electronics on.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

I have a dual pro 2 bank now and it’s been good, I’ve upgraded to a 24 volt system and want a 3 bank charger to take care of all 3 batteries, I’ve got 2-31series and 1-29 series along with the 2 bank all tucked into a Lowe 175 stinger so it’s a little tight fit

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

another thing to consider is how much you use your trolling motor. I don't use mine a lot, boat or tm so I've got a Pro-Mariner Pro-Mite 5-5-3 and it works great. Size is about 5" by 10"
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going on this article and what I and my boat owner buddy have in our boats : Best 3-Bank Marine Battery Chargers To Buy in 2019 Reviews ... as I am not familiar with some of the other brands. I mentioned those two units primarily because they deliver 10a per bank.

My boat is 12V & my charger is the MK 220 that came with the boat (bought from a friend). My buddy's boat is 24V and his NOCO's were bought new (one 2bank & one 1bank ... primarily because of lack of space).

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

NOCO Genius 3-30. Have installed several and have friends who have installed them. About the same or a little smaller than the minkota and much cheaper.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

That’s a very informative article thanks, after reading thru it I think I may go with the NOCO genius 3 as it seems like a solid choice that I can make fit in the space and 230$ isn’t a bad price, thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dual-Pro maybe too large, but everything above the sportsman line is made in TN. Another plus is that they are repairable, others when warranty runs out are thrown away.

Post Thanks / Like

NOCO's warranty claim process leaves a lot to be desired, from what I've read in Amazon product comments, just sayin'...
    I only have a small G750 for charging a small 9AH battery, but I bought a bigger one to charge a new Lithium battery I just got, because they have the built-in mode for those.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast