Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Missouri Fishing Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Missouri Fishing Report

New here, but have been reading past threads.. Looks like a great web site for crappie hounds.

Being from Missouri, I get the weekly Missouri Fishing Report.. Here is today's..

You are subscribed to the MDC Fishing Report. If you would like to unsubscribe, please go to http://mdc.mo.gov/fish/fishrt/ .
    Missouri Department of Conservation
    Statewide Fishing Report

4/19/2007 at 12:21:50

**PLEASE REMEMBER** IN MOST STREAMS SOUTH OF THE MISSOURI RIVER, BLACK BASS SEASON WILL OPEN 05/26/07, UNTIL THAT DATE ALL BLACK BASS IN THOSE STREAMS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE WATER UNHARMED IMMEDIATELY AFTER BEING CAUGHT. FOR DETAILS SEE CHAPTER 6 OF THE WILDLIFE CODE.

A current report on paddlefish snagging is available at: http://mdc.mo.gov/fish/sport/paddlefish/report/

The fishing report does not necessarily reflect current floating conditions. For current Missouri reservoir or river levels see the websites listed below.

Rivers: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis/cu...oup_key=huc_cd

Reservoirs: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis/cu...p_key=basin_cd

For more information about the fishing opportunities in these and other Missouri waters, consult the "2007 Fishing Prospects at Selected Missouri Lakes and Streams" available at: www.mdc.mo.gov/fish/prospects/

PLEASE CHECK REGULATIONS CAREFULLY: Special regulations apply to designated portions of water bodies; some baits and lures may not be legal for all portions.

----------------------
    CENTRAL REGION (573) 882-8388

LAKES

Binder: 54 degrees, normal, dingy; crappie good on minnows and jigs; bluegill good on worms; largemouth bass fair on spinnerbaits; flathead catfish fair on nightcrawlers; all other species slow. (Report made on 4/19/2007)

Lake of the Ozarks (Bagnell Tailwater): 48 degrees, normal, dingy; catfish slow with some success using worms, cut shad and stinkbaits; crappie slow but responding to jigs and minnows; white bass slow but striking on light-colored soft plastics; black bass season closed. (Report made on 4/19/2007)

Lake of the Ozarks (Glaize): 50 degrees, dingy; black bass slow on plastic worms, crankbaits and crappie jigs; crappie fair on minnows and crappie jigs; catfish slow on worms, stinkbaits and cut baits; white bass fair on light-colored soft plastics. (Report made on 4/19/2007)

Lake of the Ozarks (Gravois): 50 degrees, normal, dingy; crappie good in 8-10 feet of water; black bass and catfish good; white bass fair. (Report made on 4/19/2007)

Lake of the Ozarks (Niangua): 56 degrees, normal, muddy; black bass slow on jig & pig and Carolina rigs on secondary points; crappie fair on light-colored jigs; catfish fair on trotlines with cut shad. (Report made on 4/19/2007)

Lake of the Ozarks (Osage): 56 degrees, normal, muddy; black bass slow on jig & pig and Carolina rigs off secondary points; crappie fair and starting to come up on the banks, light-colored jigs are best; catfish fair on trotlines with cut shad; walleye and white bass no reports. (Report made on 4/19/2007)

Little Dixie: 56 degrees, normal, clear; channel catfish good on chicken liver and stinkbaits; largemouth bass good on plastic worms; all other species fair; fishing and all other area use is prohibited from 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. (Report made on 4/19/2007)

RIVERS

Lamine: 55 degrees, high, muddy; white bass good on minnows; channel catfish fair on doughbaits and nightcrawlers; all other species fair. (Report made on 4/19/2007)

Missouri (Middle): 54 degrees,

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

looks good thanks if anybody has tips on night fishing please share i am new bought a green submergible light hasn't worked yet thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The submersible lights usually start producing a little later in the season. Mid-June and on through the Summer for me.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Missouri board. There's alot of good folks here.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board, great info on your first post.
    Crappie don't sleep, is that why I'm so tired?
    Team crappiekingjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

i usally fish smithville lake and a few other small lakes around here but still not the results i would like with the submersible light. i mean a few minnows come up to the light not much like it says it does. any tips? how far do u put it in the water? thanks