Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toolboat

Post Thanks / Like

Default toolboat

tool recently finished outfittin his boat for night stalking, drifting and trolling and now has it ready for the rodeo coming up in a couple weeks. I gotta say hes well prepared to do battle with anything that swims beneath the waves. looks like him and pete is gonna have a good platform to ATTEMPT their conquest and win it all. they got a great platform to fish off of . they should have no trouble at all in coming in second place..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

toolboat revealed....

Post Thanks / Like

toolboat,,, aft view

Post Thanks / Like

a full lenght shot of toolboat,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    dang that's a pretty site.
    go ahead and cry tool. all us fishermen knows theres no love like the love tween a man and his boat.. a good photo of a mans fishing machine makes a huge lump come up in his throat and makes it hard to talk with a clear voice for a few minutes afterewards....

Post Thanks / Like

Its a shame the beast is going to beat something that pretty.LOL Just pickin

Post Thanks / Like

Nice setup....that looks good!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Missed Again

What kind of lights do you used to see by at night? How do you mount them? I've used Colman lanterns mounted on plastic pipe, get good light but they are so heavy and high they swing alot when the boat moves. We tied them to the poles but they still jiggled. I've seen people use what appear to be 12v electric lights mounted on alum. ploes but can't find a place to get them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rounman
    Its a shame the beast is going to beat something that pretty.LOL Just pickin
    the beast has been the subject of a lot of abuse the past four years. and remember its twice as old as toolboat (2 years)... beauty and the beast,, its gonna be interesting to see the outcome. but we gonna have other boats in this rodeo, i need to get some photos out of the ones i have and study em to see if theres anything there that will help the beast overcome adversity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missed Again
    What kind of lights do you used to see by at night? How do you mount them? I've used Colman lanterns mounted on plastic pipe, get good light but they are so heavy and high they swing alot when the boat moves. We tied them to the poles but they still jiggled. I've seen people use what appear to be 12v electric lights mounted on alum. ploes but can't find a place to get them.
    MA,
    I was using 3/4 conduit about 6 ft tall with a hook on it to hold the lantern. a piece of 1 inch galvanize pipe mounted in a flange to the boat deck held the pole.. now i am mounting em on the cross bar over my windshield. i use 20 lb propane tanks and a piece of velcro to hold the hose below the lantern to the pole to keep it from swaying. the conduit is very sturdy and wont sway back and forth with boat movement. ill try to get up some photos so you can see what im talking about. if you want 12 volt lights, i will tell you what i done for a light. i got me one of the clamp on lights with the small funnel, got a 12 volt light bulb like a RV would use, put a couple aligator clips on the wire and you got a light you can clamp just about anywhere in the boat and run off the battery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast