Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing today

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing today

I needed alittle wind as lake was all but dead calm most of the day. There was at least 25 boats on the lake with half bass fishermen practicing for Saturday’s USA bass tourney on Lemon. Water started out at 51 and ended up at 54.5 in places but fishing was super slow. Lots of crappie guys spider rigging with minnows but catching little to nothing but small fish when I did see a few being brought up. I managed 18 total fish caught, with 6 going 10.5 to 12 and a couple of females about to bust a gut. Couldn’t buy a hit on jigs for the first couple of hours so switched to PICO’s 1.0to 1.3 mph no more than foot or two off bottom outside the creek channel. Couldn’t buy a bite in shallow water. Had to fish them deep and slower than molasses. Any faster speed, no bites either. Best colors was these 2 pics. Fire tiger is new color. All released.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes redfin00, kycreek, INCrappie, danwalleye LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good job. Buudy and I were just talking about fishing down there today. Would like to get down there this spring, but will have to wait and see. Been a few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Sat. There is a USA Bass Tourney and I bet 35 or more boats, and as I was taking out at 4:30 pm, half dozen bass boats lined up putting in besides all the ones in the lake practicing. It will be a zoo between 8 to 4 and there is only a single ramp. Think I will hit and fish,the,flooded brush on Monroe even tho it’s 11’ still up but the water is clearing a bit. Same with Lemon, the water is clearing a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice

Did you mark the fish 1-3ft from bottom and target them or just changed depths and areas until you started catching em?

Post Thanks / Like

What has your highs been getting to the last week ? Water temps are still a little cool up here.

Post Thanks / Like

Marking, and couldn’t mark anything from 8’ up, but that is just Lemon as fish haven’t moved much towards the bank yet. That one female pic is ready to pop. These fish have to move up pretty soon I figure and all he’ll will break loose. When I would catch one, go back and nothing. Had a double,, went back over the spot, marked fish, Hit it again,, nothing. Scattered hits all day, Makes no sense. Same for guys using minnows,, they hit one spider rigging. And work the area,,nothing else would hit. Guys spider rigging were vertical jigging and nothing either. Soon it will bust wide open. I’m thinking it might be a short spawn with the way this water is warming. Another thing, bait balls all still in main creek channel pretty deep also. Some, 16 ft deep and even deeper even tho this lake is pretty shallow all over. Average depth is 10-12’ deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyron4 View Post
    What has your highs been getting to the last week ? Water temps are still a little cool up here.
    51 for high last wed. Then it rained 2”. When I started out this morning, temp was 50.7. When I got off lake surface temp was 54.7. Not much wind to mix the water tho,,,just a ripple all day,if that. We needed a chop and some wind I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Binfordw, I sent you a pm about a crappie tourney on Brookville this Sat by Indiana SlabMasters.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, got it, I went but I mainly stubbornly fished instead of trying to check the tourney guys out much.