Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: FINALLY! nice weather?

Post Thanks / Like

Default FINALLY! nice weather?

hellow fellow slabhunters! don't believe in jinx's:rolleyes: but are you guys and gals ready to start do'n some fish'n. i know it's missouri and the meteoroligists are'nt the most accurate but looks like we have some nice weather in store(crossing my fingers). i'm a chopp'n at the bit, been out several times but with little success and miserable conditions the last couple weeks. keep postoning my trips down to truman. gonna rely on you guys that live down that way to keep us up here around the city posted on how it progresses this week:D head'n down this thursday to berry bend so any updates would be great. hope to hit it good and if all goes well i may just stay til they quit hit'n, iv'e got a flexible job and a cool boss. thank god this weather is suppose to change. my wallet took a hurt'n these last 2-3 weeks. been buying every crappie gadget out there. several recommended off this site . i know it was money well spent, i'm sure wally world, dick's, cabelas and the other local stores thought so to:D gonna hit the farm ponds all day tomorrow up north, do some nite fish'n tomorrow nite with my new crappie light, get up, try and kill my first turkey then fish the rest the day, back to work tuesday...feel like a kid on christmas eve, can't wait to wake up in the morning. look forward to hopefully seeing some postive reports from down at truman. good fishing to all

jeff the crappieslayer
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on the tom!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're livin the dream the next couple of days...good luck.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

headed out myself today up early listing to the turkeys gobblin they made me glad not mad at them so did'nt shoot any. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

did ya catch any yet? I was out for a bit (jacomo) on sun and nobody was catching anything. My dad was out again today and nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimiB
    did ya catch any yet? I was out for a bit (jacomo) on sun and nobody was catching anything. My dad was out again today and nothing.

nope, couple bass in my buddy's farmpond. there are a lot of crappie in his pond, threw everything including minnows.i fished all day sunday then we went up to jamesport up north monday and nothing. talked to several guys all said the same thing. they were slaying slabs up til the friday before last. story of my life:D me and a buddy are gonna hit truman this weekend hopefully they'll be biting! i'll keep u posted, keep me posted on jacomo if u get back out soon. i'll be hitt'n lakes around here during the week. pm me if u want.

jeff the crappieslayer (or was:rolleyes: )
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm headed out somewhere this weekend. I havent decided where yet but the wife is working all weekend so that means no honey do's. I might try Kincaid in Illinois or mabe Wappapello.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you all catch some for me. 12 more days and I'll be back home. I can almost taste fried crappie fillets. Hope I get there when the spawn is at its best.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

You should be hitting it just about right, cali.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiencali
    Well, you all catch some for me. 12 more days and I'll be back home. I can almost taste fried crappie fillets. Hope I get there when the spawn is at its best.
    Man you are gonna be just about right on the spawn and the post spawn should be awsom this year the lakes are up the crappie fat and sassy hope to meet you soon take care
    beagle man