Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stripers and Perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stripers and Perch

Danny Quickdraw and myself wen,t fishing today on Lake Norman.It was a little cold,and we had a pretty good chop on the water.Things did,nt look all that good,but we road around and looked at the birds and they were just kind of cooling it.We stoped where some birds were sitting on the water,and turned the boat sideways and started a drift.drifted about half a block,and i sware them birds got up and started diving right below us. Man,we ended up with our limit of stripers and about 20 nice perch.Talk about a horse shoe you know where. There is a God. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rounman
    Danny Quickdraw and myself wen,t fishing today on Lake Norman.It was a little cold,and we had a pretty good chop on the water.Things did,nt look all that good,but we road around and looked at the birds and they were just kind of cooling it.We stoped where some birds were sitting on the water,and turned the boat sideways and started a drift.drifted about half a block,and i sware them birds got up and started diving right below us. Man,we ended up with our limit of stripers and about 20 nice perch.Talk about a horse shoe you know where. There is a God. :D
    that happened to us on wateree back in mid nov. we had a school come up right under us. in about 45 mins, three of us had 24 on, and landed 14 of em.. that kind of fishing is extremely addictive and keeps you going back hoping for a repeat.....
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Striper fishing is crazy,we looked for 2 solid hours and did,nt see any thing no bait no nothing,and they wen,t crazy right where we just looked.Then there was fish every where,and just as quick they were gone.LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Red face green with envy...

rounman...i have enjoyed your post both here and kerr bds....but..man you are making me jealous :D ....guess i haven't finished paying my fish dues yet...used to run into that type of good luck on coast for spanish...just getting back into fishing after 10 yr layoff due to work. ..keep up the good work.....falls lake crappie threw a shutout at me today
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

lets see a photo of em fish......something to look at on these cold winter days
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KARL
    rounman...i have enjoyed your post both here and kerr bds....but..man you are making me jealous :D ....guess i haven't finished paying my fish dues yet...used to run into that type of good luck on coast for spanish...just getting back into fishing after 10 yr layoff due to work. ..keep up the good work.....falls lake crappie threw a shutout at me today

ive come upon huge schools of spanish down at the coast. a couple of em about an acre or 2 wide. an amazing site watching all them spanish sky out of the water than you see a 30 pound king sky after em spanish.

one of the last trip i went on last year, we must of seen about 40 kings all various size jump out of the water after some pogies. talk about a big fish that can jump out of the water and land without making a splash.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

We wen,t back today,and had a good day.We took a few pictures,but i don,t have a scanner.We got our limit of stripers,and a half cooler of perch.We caught and released about 15 spots and largemouths.We thow them things back,they stink up the cooler yuk.LOLGive me a address and ill send some pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rounman
    We wen,t back today,and had a good day.We took a few pictures,but i don,t have a scanner.We got our limit of stripers,and a half cooler of perch.We caught and released about 15 spots and largemouths.We thow them things back,they stink up the cooler yuk.LOLGive me a address and ill send some pictures.
    send em to me, and ill scan em and post em for you... cull em and dont send a hundred or so,, but enough to tell the story... check your pm's and you will have my address...
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 in a row...

went striper fishing today also,,only thing is it was just like crappie yesterday....nada,zip,nothing...felt and looked like ocean at kerr..1-2' whitecaps..little bass boat rocking'n'reeling :D ...fished nutbush end...only saving grace was other 3 guys I talked to had their pet skunk with them also... ...yeah,pete that ocean fishing is fun, gets expensive with gas and saltwater upkeep on boat....
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

Default pretty site

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    ive come upon huge schools of spanish down at the coast. a couple of em about an acre or 2 wide. an amazing site watching all them spanish sky out of the water than you see a 30 pound king sky after em spanish.

one of the last trip i went on last year, we must of seen about 40 kings all various size jump out of the water after some pogies. talk about a big fish that can jump out of the water and land without making a splash.
    When you see a spanish cutting the water about 100 mph being chased by a large blue in hot pursuit and behind the blue is a big ole drum chasing him - Mother Nature's law of the survival of the fittest in action
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast