Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blackshear question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackshear question

Sorry about another question, but I noticed there is a marina on the west side of the lake just to the left as you go over the 280 bridge heading west. Is this still open? There was no one there this past Sunday. I ask because that would be a much closer paddle to the bridge and tressel than from the state park. Thanks.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have wondered about that marina.

Crappster: I plan on coming to blackshear. Do you ever get to fish weekdays?

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    I too have wondered about that marina.

Crappster: I plan on coming to blackshear. Do you ever get to fish weekdays?

Probably won't get many chances to fish the weekdays. I'll let you know if I do.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

the marina mooved between the lake and cordale cant remember the name of it . they mooved after the flood in 1994
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

So I take it that area is off limits now? I wouldn't even need the boat ramp, using a canoe. I just would need to be able to park there. Maybe I can find the new marina and ask them.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

yea papa I remember the mud line on the building was like halfway up. But look how much good the flood did for your lake. Hard to believe that little creek that the flood left is now this beautiful lake.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

a lot of boaters put in there . i never have but i dont see why not . there may be a charge but you would be closer to the bridge . . there is a campground over there to. i think they use it . if you are going to fish at the bridges you would be better off to put in over there . i am going sunday if nothing happends i might just try it myself . there is another boat ramp up the lake .go on down and turn left . the road goes up the other side of the lake . it is at the bridge up that road not verry far . that is a ghood creel to fish the mouth of as the channel runs up that side . there was a restarunt there at the ramp in spring creek not long ago . that one at the marina was open not long ago to . papasage
    retired and now i will always fish