Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: boat setup looking for advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat setup looking for advice

I recently bought a Carolina Skiff 23 8 dlv to fish out of. I am looking for advice on depth finders, trolling motors, rod holders. I figure what better place than Crappie.com to get some first hand opinions on gear to set up my boat. I plan on down and side imaging though. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t have much knowledge on some of this but there are plenty of threads talking about each item. Good discussion going on now about rod holders. Plenty of threads to read and I’m sure the members would be more then happy to help with any questions. Very friendly group. I will say this, get the best fish finder you can afford. They are amazing tools now!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of rod holders to choose from. I have used Hi Tek extreme holders for everything I do for several years. All adjustments are made with a 1/2” wrench and knobs are available. I put knobs on one of mine and went back to the bolts. Less stuff for my line to get wrapped up in when I wasn’t paying attention. Loose line in the wind mostly. Son and father member sponsor business and great customer service. Check em out at Hi-Tekstuff.com . Scott can also custom make anything you may come up needing. I even use their riser mount for my front depth finder. Just good stuff.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post