HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Want to do some night fishing...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Want to do some night fishing...

hello,

Been a while since I have done any crappie night fishing and was wondering if anybody could recommend, preferable LED, lights. Will have battery to connect light if necessary. Something fairly bright so this old man can see.

thanks for any and all suggestions....

john
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

I too am going to do some night fishing on thanksgiving and am curious about this and other night fishing specific crappie tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

way too many lights out there. people even make their own. it real easy.

I have used green blue and white. all have their place. mostly I used the green and white. if you buy a whit you can make it green with colored plastic wrap, 2 lights in one. those are submersible. now above water you want a colored light. if you use white it will be a bug fest like the lantern days. the colored lights don't drawn as many bugs and you have better night vision when looking away.

as far as fishing with them its the same. find schools of bait and crappie and set up on them. mostly a summer and ice fishing thing here. and lights aren't magic either. some night you cant seem to draw anything. other night you cant draw anything till 11 or midnight. other nights its on fire and you are limited out in an hour. fishings fishing. lol it works more night than not though at least. relaxing too, unless u like my fishing buddy and scared some critter is going to come up over the gunnel. he a tad scared of the dark, and bullheads. lmao by the way if you start catchin bullheads move.
    Likes drifter106 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

when you start under a light at night and start to see bait ….
    start deeper and go shallower as the night wears on ….
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

all the above....But if in Boat Make sure ..Bow /stern/anchor lights are working properly (easy ticket for GW)....Have a decent Spot light to negotiate at nite... and decent Foul weather gear in case ya gota spend nite cause of ....Been there done that several times over years on Salt water...Never on Fresh but if I keep fishing fresh it will happen...
    Thanks Luckyloser thanked you for this post