Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arkansas here i come

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkansas here i come

Me and wife will be their Sunday (Easter) for 5 days. Fishing with Jerry and Darryl for 3 days. Just wondering what might the temps might be? Hope it`s warmer than Indiana lows in the 20`s for the next 3 nights. Just getting ready to pack shorts or jeans? Or jacket? Also any great spots to eat near Kirby? Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Uh oh...the crappie better hide.:D The weather here in AR is just about as unpredictable as up your way. However, I don't see any 20s in our future for a while. Better bring some shorts, long pants, and jacket.

If you like seafood, I would definately give Fisherman's Wharf in Hot Springs a try. I've eaten there a couple of times, and they have really good food. As you are heading north on hwy 7, you go across the bridge. The restaurant is to the right on the north bank.

I would also consider a fish fry on the banks of beautiful Lake Greeson. No better scenary to be had. Other than that, I'm sure that Jerry and Darryl have some good out-of-the-way dining spots.

Post Thanks / Like

You will find warmer weather than in Indiana. But, as CEB suggested, bring all of your attire if you have the room. I am going to try CEBs eating suggestion out my self. I like the atmosphere and steaks at Coltons in Hot Springs. You probably have those too. Hot Springs is almost an hour from Kirby. I am sure Darryl and Jerry can fix you up with places to eat. I know Darryl dosn't miss too many meals.
    Good Luck!!!!!
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Info

Thanks ceb and Dr Pepper for the info. I was told that their was a barbecue place right in Kirby I guess I`ll look for it. Thanks