HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got out and fished

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got out and fished

Well the Oldest grand daughter was supposed to come I this week-end but for what ever the reason, she explained to her grand ma who didn't tell me, she didn't make it. Then I woke up Sunday when I had planned on going with a cold and really didn't want to get out of bed. Took some IB Profin, home chicken noodle soup, and a bunch of Emergin "C" that the wife had in the medicine Chest. Sweated something fierce last night and felt pretty good this morning. So I went to Cedar Ridge Fishing pier as suggested by Day Dreamer and had a good morning. Not sure what the temp. was but felt a bit chilly when I got their. First bait hit the water about 830 am and I stayed till about 1230 or so. Weather was good. Started cool and scattered clouds and turned to blue bird skies before 1000am. I caught 3 little bass that combined might have made a half a fish sandwich. But one does not have to catch fish to have a good time.
    I had a great morning. Found a new spot to fish, and watched a few others, who were in boats, land some nice fish. I did see some fish busting water on top, and took in the great outdoors in all her glory. Plan on going back again soon. Eric, AKA "Jamesdean".
    Likes mac LIKED above post
    Thanks redfin00 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a GOOD day!
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

yes sir, I did enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out wish the fish would've have been alittle nicer. Theres brush around that dock that does hold fish from time to time.
    Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It would have been nice to bring home a couple of fish, but I really enjoyed the time I had there. I know there is something down in front of that pier and not to far out either. It looked like the water was about 4 foot low from where it had been at one time for a long time. Not sure if that is the normal water height as it was my first time at Stockton. But about 7-8 foot down kind of right center at the end I hung up three times. only lost one jig as the line broke. I know there are fish there as I pulled out three tiny bass from that spot. I did have a hit that almost took one of my poles in as I was setting up the other two, but was gone before I was able to hook it. Have no idea what it was, and it took my minnow. but hey when fishing with bobbers and more than one pole that is subject to happen. All in all I had a great time and will be back.
    Momma decided she wants the rest of the kitchen floor done as well as some new cabinets and counter tops. Well there went some of my boat money till after the first of the year. Still need to fasten seats benches down, pick up a couple of batteries, figure out how I'm going to mount this trolling motor on the bow so I can use the foot control right. May end up redoing the front deck with a stand up one or maybe leave what's there and add a small deck behind that one a bit lower, not too sure just yet. Looks like it will be spring before I will get it wet anyway. Lots of time to get it done as long as I don't mind doing it in the cold outside as I have no garage. Gonna be interesting to say the least. Thank you again Day Dreamer for pointing me in the right direction to that spot. Eric, AKA "Jamesdean".
    Likes dmac, redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if the near full moon or that cold front had any affect either. It got right pretty cold Saturday night and I noticed last night there was either a fool moon or near full moon. But both could have effected the bight Sunday, just not real sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got to get out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Glad you got to get out.
    Thank you Mr. mac, I am too. It's been long over due. Between the boat project, the floor project, and the unexpected lose of our fur baby Rosie, just haven't went no where but the grocery store and hardware store then back here. It really did me good. Will try to go back around the first week of next month for a bit. Eric, AKA "Jamesdean".
    Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you,sometimes just going makes it worth the trio!We haven’t been in way too long,so good for you!

Post Thanks / Like

​Good post. Aqua therapy is good for us, even better when we catch fish. lol
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast