Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ crappies still full of eggs

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ crappies still full of eggs

Caught quite a few fish early yesterday, before the wind came up again. Decided to keep a limit and get a picture.
    Some areas the fish have vanished , assume have gone either to deep water or tighter to structure. Ones I caught were in 15 to 25 feet of water suspended 8 to 10 feet. Did not catch many in shallow water like a few days ago. :p
    Most of the crappie I filleted were still full of eggs, some egg sacs firm, others almost ready to go. Largest was a 14" black crappie.Two fish had empty 'cavities' where they may have already dropped their eggs. Most of the fish I caught were white crappie, only a few black. Probably caught about 50 crappie, harder to get the numbers of a few days ago, with a bonus 20" hybrid which I released.

Don't know why part of the pic was omitted!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CrappieHusker; 04-03-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess. We were at the Glaize Mon. but only caught 8. Talked to some of the people around Bucks. I guess the condo thing that Bugs talked about is for sure on. The people are moving their stuff out and some are selling their docks, very sad. I'm glad the Corps own the land around Mark twain and Truman. I feel really sad for the "common" people that use that part of the lake. dave..Nice part of the lake..

Post Thanks / Like

The fishin just aint the same on the Glaize for the past year they're alot more spotty than usual...i'll holler at you Dave when they turn on...if they do it is a sad thing to see the cabins and Bucks going down the days of loz being a fishin lake is over....and it sucks
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    The fishin just aint the same on the Glaize for the past year they're alot more spotty than usual...i'll holler at you Dave when they turn on...if they do it is a sad thing to see the cabins and Bucks going down the days of loz being a fishin lake is over....and it sucks
    yeah that is sad,use to you could fish that area and not be bothered now it just keeps building up,next there will be condos at the mill creek bridge, in boo-town, bugs 3 of us whacked- last sat at the old camp MCCain docks,they were stacked out in front of them,went to a unnamed spot just past there and they were there also,then the weather made them disappear they must have suspended out in the main channel because they were not on the staging spots after the weather started to change),i think the glaise is probably the most fickle arm on the lake as far as weather change/effects,oh well maybe next time---fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

They're awful fickle here on the Niangua, too! No sign of any crappie, went down to the dock, fished for just a little while but nothing even in the deeper water. They are outta here for a while. Would think with this cold front they just take the steepest route to deep water and will start the process all over again when the water begins to warm up again...hope that is soon and the females that were ready to drop their eggs don't just ingest them. That would be a waste but it happens.
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping the weather would be a little better when i got home i really need to make some loz fish pay for my trip south....i dont think this front will hurt the actual spawn things were progressing too fast this year anyway this should put em back on track...next week should be great when warm weather moves back in.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there metabolism will not be effected with just a week of cold weather. Find them and they will be hungry.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back guys. Next weekend should be good with the warmer weather starting early in the week.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree toward the end of the week they should move back shallow making them easy pickins...i'm ready!!!

www.simplycrappie.com