Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Found Goin In Circles At East Fork Lake Empty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Found Goin In Circles At East Fork Lake Empty

Heard this on B-105.1 today on the way home->Boat found goin in circles on east fork lake.I think that it would have had to have happened after the tourney ( april 1st sunday ) which was over at 3 and i know most of the teams were gone by 4. Or it happened today april 2 some time. Anyone heard anything let us know and keep us posted.
    O_C_B

Post Thanks / Like

This is what News 5 said about it.

BATAVIA, Ohio -- Members of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources and the Ohio State Highway Patrol searched Clermont County's East Fork Lake for a missing father and son Monday night.

Their boat was found about 200 yards from shore, still running and going in circles.

And their dog was found swimming from the boat to shore.Investigators said at this point they do not know what may have happened to the 74-year-old man and his 39-year-old son, who they believe were on board.

The search will resume Tuesday morning
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Post Thanks / Like

The boat was found on the north shore.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this turns out good but sounds like there will be no good can come from this. Keep these folks in your thoughts.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the newest information I have found.

BATAVIA, Ohio -- A search for two men in a Clermont County lake has now become a recovery operation as investigators focus on the boat they were in.

Members of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources and the Ohio State Highway Patrol searched East Fork Lake for a missing father and son Monday night.

Their boat was found about 200 yards from shore, still running and going in circles. Some personal items, including a coat, were found floating in the lake nearby on Tuesday.Their dog was found swimming from the boat to shore.

Investigators said at this point they do not know what may have happened to Charles Chippendale, 78, and his 38-year-old son, Scott, who they believe were on board.

Officials said Tuesday that an examination of the boat revealed some possible problems with the steering controls, which may have contributed to the incident.

The men had recently purchased the used boat.

Officials reclassified the search as a recovery operation shortly after searching resumed on Tuesday. Searchers are using underwater cameras and sonar to attempt to find the men.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard the dog swam to the island there by the Afton launch. Not sure how true that is. If so, gotta wonder if those huge trees just below the surface about 20 yards or so off the island had anything to do with it? This time of year, they are dangerously close to the surface, and without knowing they are there, you'd never think it. EF can be a dangerous place for someone new to the lake. There are a lot of places that look like open water that have standing trees that can really put a hurtin' on a lower unit, or worse, and if hit at a high enough speed would eject somebody from a boat seat. My thoughts and prayers are with these two fellow sportsmen and the families they have left behind. I don't usually wear a life vest, but something like this makes me see how stupid I am for not doing so.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and Prayers
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the family that is at the loss of the 2 family members-fellow fisherman to us . Speckwick is 100% right about east fork bein a very dangerous lake if ya dont know it. And even then anything is very possible. Im kinda at a loss for words, it bein my home lake. MAY GOD BE WITH THERE FAMILY.
    O_C_B

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers also go out to the faimly of these two men hopefully the people doing the search can bring some closure to the faimly. I know I will be wearing my life vest from here on out hopefully others will do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott and his Dad were frinds of mine I lived next door to them for more than 10 years. Scott was very much into fishing and hunting and East Fork was one of his favorite places to go.
    They will be missed and my thoughts and prayers go out the Family and Friends of the 2 Great men.

May God be with them and the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deepest Prayers

The family has my deepest prayers.
    Crouch & Hengstler Team Vicious, Southern Pro, Crappie Pro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast