Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on Wife's Condition

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Wife's Condition

Today was not a good day. She wanted to get out of the house and go to a BBQ for an hour or so. As she was getting ready she started to bleed internally. I tried to get her to the hospital, but it is a 30 mile drive. The pain got so bad and trying to drive and tend to her by myself was just not safe, so I ended up pulling over and calling an ambulance and they rushed her in. By the time I got there they were prepping her for emergency surgery. The surgery lasted about 2 hours and hopefully they got everything fixed. Apparently a clot around a stitch broke free and caused immediate bleeding. I am trained to deal with life and death situations, but when it hits your own family it can become overwhelming and scary. I felt helpless because there wasn't a darn thing to do for her except assure her that everything would be alright. Now she has to start her recovery all over again. I am trying to put on a tough facade for her, but this is really starting to wear me down.
    Thanks for allowing me to get some of this off my chest. Just keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I have not been a very Christian person in the past, but this experience is bringing me a lot closer to our Lord.

Post Thanks / Like

Our prayers are with your wife, Jim.
    Keep being strong for her, she needs that!
    And do continue in your new found Christian direction!
    Last edited by CrappieHusker; 03-31-2007 at 08:22 PM.
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your wife is ok, and on the road to recovery. If you're not a rock all the time, I'm sure she'd understand, and could put herself in your shoes.

Hang tough. Hope things go well for the both of you.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wooley Booger Man

Your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you both God's comfort and healing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Jim. Over the last year, I have felt that exact feeling more than once with my oldest daughter (4). I will be praying for you my friend...

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. The Lord's timing is perfect and there is nothing that is out of his control. Those truths should give you a peace that you can assuredly rest in.

We will be praying for your family.
    God Bless,
    CH

Post Thanks / Like

I will pray for your family.

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jim,

It sounds like you did EXACTLY what she needed, when she needed it. I'm so glad you were able to keep it together and think clearly enough to know when and how much to do, even to the degree of pulling over and calling the ambulance.
    I understand (truly I do) the helplessness when it is one close to the heart. It IS ok to break down. Thank God for the strength that you had when you needed it though.
    If it were my husband, I'd be just as pleased that his love for me is that strong that he would have those helpless feelings, fears and tears for what you are BOTH having to go through. Sharing our strengths AND our weaknesses are part of both of you being one.
    I will pray that you both remain strong spiritually and gain strength physically.
    He will put His healing hand on you both.

Thank you for sharing with us this most personal challenge.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

she is in my prayers.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast