Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I gotta get glasses (again)

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I gotta get glasses (again)

I wore glasses for many years then I had RK Lasik. Now according to the Dr I have to get glasses again because of the flattening of eyes as I got older. Do any of you guys use lenses that are called "Transition Vantage". I would appreciate your opinion of them.

Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about Transition Vantage but I have Crizal lenses and can't wait to be able to replace them. They are just about impossible to keep clean.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

These glasses are photochramatic and have progressive polarization. Nobody has a sample lens to play with

Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
    Don't know about Transition Vantage but I have Crizal lenses and can't wait to be able to replace them. They are just about impossible to keep clean.
    I agree. I got some Crizal lenses a couple of weeks ago because they were suppose to cut down glare. You can't even get close to them without them smugging.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried transition and photogray years back. I drove over the road and they wouldn't turn dark because I was inside the cab and it takes direct UV light to make them work. I wound up with 2 pair, one tinted full time and another clear. Worked best for me.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Tried transition and photogray years back. I drove over the road and they wouldn't turn dark because I was inside the cab and it takes direct UV light to make them work. I wound up with 2 pair, one tinted full time and another clear. Worked best for me.
    another thing about them if you're outside in bright sun then go inside it takes a few minutes for them to lighten up until they do you can't see anything, you have to take them off.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I have progressive trifocals, and the transition treatment on mine, as well as some coating to reduce glare from computer screens, etc., no real issues. Mine are like skeetbum's, don't work so well inside a car, so I use clip on's on top of these glasses. Out doing yard work, etc., dont need the clip on sunglasses.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post