Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mine and my Wifes first (and worst) fishing and camping trip ever

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mine and my Wifes first (and worst) fishing and camping trip ever

In 1991 I married the Woman of my dreams, who at the time had a beautiful little girl (which I have adopted). At the time I was stationed at Dyess AFB in Abilene, TX. Not soon after we decided to go on a little weekend camping and fishing trip to good Ole Fort Phantom Lake there out of Abilene. We got out there in our 1974 Monte Carlo with my little 2 man bass hunter tied to the top. I set up the BIG 2 man tent lol and we got everything unloaded. At the time my daughter was 1. She was drinking out of a sippy cup and backed up and fell over one of the tent strings butt first into a cactus. Well it took a little while to calm her down and get the cactus stickers out of her bottom (MOMS JOB). Well not soon after it decided to come a good misty rain. Well I wasnt going to let that stop me. Since I used to trotline with my Dad when I was young, I figured I was more than qualified to put out a trotline. I got all of my trotline stuff out of the car and guess what? It was all tangled up. I sat there for a couple of hours and tried to get it untangled. Used the pocket knife a lot and finally got that thing fixed. Minus several feet. I set out on that 2 man boat and got it set out and baited. When I got back to camp we ate and went to bed. The next morning I checked the trotline and had nothing. The wife stuck her head out of the tent and low and behold she told me it was that time of the month. I went back out and gathered my trotline, loaded everything up, tied the boat on top of the car and we went back to the duplex where we lived. At the time it was the worst time but we laugh all the time about that to this day.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

my family is famous for bad vacations father of 4 theirs one where about eight or nine of us ended up in one run down room with broke ac that was 30 years ago wasnt much fun at the time but wouldnt change it for the world we still talk about that one
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bet that was fun

I bet that was a lot of fun lol. Well there is the time Me, my Wife, Kids and some friends went camping at Copper Breaks State Park. When we left there werent any Chiggers left in that park. We brought them all home with us lol.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Chiggers Chiggers Chiggers

When I was a lot younger and dumber I got me a crow caller record player went out in a pine thickett sat on my keester for about two hours shot a lot of crows, that night I had a band of chiggers around my waist between my legs behind my knees and around my ankles, the next three days was soooo miserable.That was fourty years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaBo
    When I was a lot younger and dumber I got me a crow caller record player went out in a pine thickett sat on my keester for about two hours shot a lot of crows, that night I had a band of chiggers around my waist between my legs behind my knees and around my ankles, the next three days was soooo miserable.That was fourty years ago.
    I bet you can still remember how it felt though lol

Post Thanks / Like

Well this may take a while but here goes:

When our middle daughter was just 3 or 4 the wife and I decided to take her to Six Flags for vacation. Friday after work we headed out on the 4 hour trip to Atlanta. Stop by the ATM and drew out the max amount and were on the road again. We arrived in Atlanta around 8:00pm that evening and couldn't find a motel room anywhere close to Six Flags. Freaknick weekend in Atlanta. We ended up staying south of Atlanta checked in to the motel and started unpacking when I noticed I had forgot my snickers..

Well after paying for the room, buying a new pair of snickers we had just enough money for supper. Life was good.

The next morning around 8:30 am we went to a local ATM machine only to find out that we could not draw out any more money until about 2:00. My wife had the brillant idea to have our bank wire some money to a bank not far from the motel. We figured we would have the money with an hour. At 1:45 that day we were given the 300.00 we had ask for and also had to pay our bank 25.00 to wire the money and 250.00 for the bank in Atlanta to give us the money. 15 more minutes and I could have saved $50.00. Mad as #$%^ we set out for Six Flags.

With the 4 year old asleep in the back seat we arrive at Six Flags only to find out that AT&T had rented the park for a private party.

The child woke up in the parking lot of Toys R Us and was told she could pick out anything in the store she wanted. Luckly she only wanted a video.

The next morning we start out for Six Flags again. Beautiful sunny day all the way there but once we entered the park it begain to rain. Not the normal sky to ground rain. It was raining sidways and hard. We dashed into the Country Bear jamboree to wait out the rain. After the show the rain had stopped but everything was wet. I needed to go to the restroom and left the wife and child at the bottom of the hill. When I returned a strange lady told me she was supposed to give me the stroller. Complete with the wifes pocketbook, which had all our money and motel room keys in it.

Being the smart guy I am I decided to teach the wife a lesson and hide the stroller. When she and the child came out of the restroom she noticed I didn't have the stroller and began to walk faster. Did I mention she was carring our third child at the time? About half way down the hill she slipped and fell square on her behind.

I was talked into staying the rest of the day but I have never been so ready to go home in all my life.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birddog
    Well this may take a while but here goes:

When our middle daughter was just 3 or 4 the wife and I decided to take her to Six Flags for vacation. Friday after work we headed out on the 4 hour trip to Atlanta. Stop by the ATM and drew out the max amount and were on the road again. We arrived in Atlanta around 8:00pm that evening and couldn't find a motel room anywhere close to Six Flags. Freaknick weekend in Atlanta. We ended up staying south of Atlanta checked in to the motel and started unpacking when I noticed I had forgot my snickers..

Well after paying for the room, buying a new pair of snickers we had just enough money for supper. Life was good.

The next morning around 8:30 am we went to a local ATM machine only to find out that we could not draw out any more money until about 2:00. My wife had the brillant idea to have our bank wire some money to a bank not far from the motel. We figured we would have the money with an hour. At 1:45 that day we were given the 300.00 we had ask for and also had to pay our bank 25.00 to wire the money and 250.00 for the bank in Atlanta to give us the money. 15 more minutes and I could have saved $50.00. Mad as #$%^ we set out for Six Flags.

With the 4 year old asleep in the back seat we arrive at Six Flags only to find out that AT&T had rented the park for a private party.

The child woke up in the parking lot of Toys R Us and was told she could pick out anything in the store she wanted. Luckly she only wanted a video.

The next morning we start out for Six Flags again. Beautiful sunny day all the way there but once we entered the park it begain to rain. Not the normal sky to ground rain. It was raining sidways and hard. We dashed into the Country Bear jamboree to wait out the rain. After the show the rain had stopped but everything was wet. I needed to go to the restroom and left the wife and child at the bottom of the hill. When I returned a strange lady told me she was supposed to give me the stroller. Complete with the wifes pocketbook, which had all our money and motel room keys in it.

Being the smart guy I am I decided to teach the wife a lesson and hide the stroller. When she and the child came out of the restroom she noticed I didn't have the stroller and began to walk faster. Did I mention she was carring our third child at the time? About half way down the hill she slipped and fell square on her behind.

I was talked into staying the rest of the day but I have never been so ready to go home in all my life.
    LOL that sounds like one heck of a trip. I bet you guys still laugh about that