HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: KY Lake 07/28/18

Post Thanks / Like

Default KY Lake 07/28/18

Was up and at it this morning until around 3pm, but it wasn't involving any feeshes. Volleyball season is about to explode in our house hold, so we spend all that time at the Sports Plex watching some Mustang volleyball!
    Got home and had already been pondering the thought of heading out for an afternoon and evening scout trip. Yeah scouting due to my absence from the lake for the past two weeks. So, clearance was gained, truck pulled up and boat hitched, and pulled out before 4pm. Ended up having a weak moment and went to the ramp at Big Bear! Before I could get around the boat, a fellow cdc member pulled up and warned me about the main lake conditions. He pulls away, and before I could walk to the truck someone else pulls up and starts slurring their words and the questions were quite entertaining, but directed about my boat. She is head turner fo' sure!
    Finally get launched and took 3 rollers over the transom due to bionic morons ripping and roaring down big bear creek. Parked the truck and away we go.
    The main lake was rough, but once I got away from all the criss cross traffic and heading south it was all good. Got to my destination after 5pm and pulled the paint off the Pico's and Arkie's before I decided to make a change. Once I decided to take a lap thru some waters and had referred back to some mental notes for this time of year, weather and water conditions, low and behold my first rod bend!!

Then another rod loaded up, and before I could get that one in the boat a 3rd rod was loaded up and a fish skiing behind the Silver Ranger!! Things continued in that fashion until 8pm when it was decided by mother nature to head in. I wasn't ready to quit but was very thankful to be able to escape everyday life and get out on the water! Ended up keeping 5 crappie, and several shorts were released along with 7 slimers, 4 green carp with the biggest around 5lbs, and a short sauger!! Not a bad short 3 hour outing, I will take it!

Reel therapy is the best therapy!!!

Name:  20180728_195819.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  28.7 KBName:  20180728_194305.jpeg
Views: 512
Size:  49.7 KBName:  20180728_183845.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  35.1 KBName:  20180728_214232.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  40.9 KBName:  1842-1.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  97.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and fish.Glad you got a little therapy...
    Thanks bandchaser thanked you for this post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You done good Brian
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch enough for supper

Post Thanks / Like

Good job, Brian!
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown