Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Rock, Badin, Tuckertown lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Rock, Badin, Tuckertown lakes

I'm a new boat owner and looking for tips for summer slabs. Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydave522 View Post
    I'm a new boat owner and looking for tips for summer slabs. Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

That is a rather broad subject.

Generally speaking, Summer crappie can be finicky. They are often light biters moving horizontally.

Deeper brush or shade are good spots to try in summer. Especially on sunny days. Deeper docks with plenty of shade under them are usually good. Especially if they are close to creek or river channels. Water movement usually helps trigger feeding. Whether it is power generation through the dams, wind or rain.

Bridges are often good but they will be crowded. I stopped fighting for bridge space years ago but it is worth it if you can tolerate others well.

Open water cranking is good when you find suspended schools or moving fish. So is vertical trolling.

You need a good depth finder/chart plotter and put the time in scouting. The hardest part is always patterning the fish at any given time. Even the best can struggle this time of year.

Just my penny.
    Likes dizzydave522 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks . I do need to invest in a good depth finder. I'll figure it out with time but advice from experienced anglers does help more than anything else!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks . I do need to invest in a good depth finder. I'll figure it out with time but advice from experienced anglers does help more than anything else!

It does.

I personally prefer to night fishing in the summer. I can't tolerate the heat like I did when I was younger and there are less people on the lake. I recommend you try night fishing with a submersible light. Have you tried that before?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    It does.

I personally prefer to night fishing in the summer. I can't tolerate the heat like I did when I was younger and there are less people on the lake. I recommend you try night fishing with a submersible light. Have you tried that before?
    I did years ago with a cheap floating light but didn't have any luck. Never used a submersible light. What color light works best for you? What would you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

I did years ago with a cheap floating light but didn't have any luck. Never used a submersible light. What color light works best for you? What would you recommend?

I use 2 of these Green LED lights staggered in the same spot.

https://www.amazon.com/Amarine-made-...ef=ast_p_pc_rc

One right on top of the other with a small piece of pool noodle float them. Fits right over the end of the light. One about foot deep to the start of the lights and the other right below it. I usually push them out from the boat with an old fishing rod or something else to be able to fish around them good and vary where I'm at in the light.

One might be good enough. If you want to try before you buy a second. They don't pull that much power at all but are very bright.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been in a few weeks but was finding them in 8 to 12 fow pulling jigs and cranks early in the morning on high rock.

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Rock, Badin, Tuckertown lakes

I think that turkeyfoot is trying to get something together for the 1st Saturday night in August at high rock that's a good way to learn. Just watch what other people do.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mac crappie View Post
    I think that turkeyfoot is trying to get something together for the 1st Saturday night in August at high rock that's a good way to learn. Just watch what other people do.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I'll check that out. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    I use 2 of these Green LED lights staggered in the same spot.

https://www.amazon.com/Amarine-made-...ef=ast_p_pc_rc

One right on top of the other with a small piece of pool noodle float them. Fits right over the end of the light. One about foot deep to the start of the lights and the other right below it. I usually push them out from the boat with an old fishing rod or something else to be able to fish around them good and vary where I'm at in the light.

One might be good enough. If you want to try before you buy a second. They don't pull that much power at all but are very bright.
    Ok. I will get 1 and see how it goes. Thanks for all the info from amazon. Maybe the next day or 2 I'll swing into Bass Pro and see what all they have.

Likes sundance LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast