Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Word Of Encouragement

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Word Of Encouragement

I had a day off from work today. So I was catching up on a few chores around the place. I had to run down to Farm Supply to pick up some feed and other animal supplies. The young man who was loading my truck noticed a fishing sticker I had in the back window of my pickup truck. Then asked if I like to fish. Of course I said yes. Well this young man started telling me about some of the fishing trips his grandfather took him on. He had the biggest smile on his face as he was telling his fishing stories.

Just want to encourage all you dads, moms, grandfathers and grandmothers who take your kids and grandkids fishing. Job well done. If you don't, find the opportunity to do so. You will be glad to did. You are building a legacy for the future.

If you are real bold take several kids fishing. Or volunteer at a youth fishing day or camp. Like what mrwillis and others do here are crappie.com

I take my hat off to all of ya...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the encouragement, Bill. My kids are at such a fun age right now (9,9 and 7) and I don't want to miss any more of their lives than I have to. There are enough times that I don't have any choice, but there are plenty that I do have the option...and those are the times that I try to take advantage of. I can remember times that I used to go trout fishin with my Dad, in your neck of the woods, at Atascadero Lake. Those memories are very vivid in my mind, even now, some 28 years later. I just hope I am making that same impression on my kids.
    Polar Kraft 1571 DB
    Mercury 25 hp 4-Stroke

Post Thanks / Like

You have to take advantage of the time you have. I have been fishing for 22 years...since I was nine. My dad is a minister, as I am. Time is hard to come by...we don't get Sunday's off, and our job runs basically 24/7. I can remember 3 times fishing with my dad...one when I was 9 and asked for a pole for my birthday, once when I was a sophmore in High School and took him to my favorite fishing hole, and once to Carlyle Lake. Besides that, we didn't go anymore than that. However, in the past three years, I bought a boat in order to get him to go. He was hesitant at first, but now he loves it. This coming month will be our third 4-day annual trip together, and we are even planning a couple days here and there before our trip starts. I have him hooked, and he even made the statement to me the other day...I have your boat and everything here. If you want to come fishing, fine. If not, I'll go without you. I treasure these times...