Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need help finding a base for rod holder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help finding a base for rod holder

Hi, thanks for allowing me to join. My name is Barb and I need help finding a base for our rod holders. We bought them a few years ago and no longer have the receipt. Hubby swears the name was something like Karate. I have searched and searched but cannot find the right base. They are a lot like Driftmaster but the base has holes for a pin to make it adjustable.

If anyone can help or has ever heard of a manufacturer called Karate or Carate, please let me know. I can be reached at 786-367-7685. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Put a picture up! It might help.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what you are referring to is a "Perotti" rod holder .... but, from the pictures of the "base", I don't see any "holes for a pin" in them. Yet, in pictures of the whole setup, there does seem to be a lever or something at the point where the T-bar connects to the base.

Here's the pic I'm referring to : https://www.ebay.com/i/282982772604?chn=ps

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Think it’s what pappy posted. On that base what you see is a bolt with a handle welded to it to tighten it down in the base. Those basses can be bought through Grizzly Jig company.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes "G" LIKED above post