HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question on crank baits...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on crank baits...

Over the past couple of years, I've found that I've had really good luck trolling with crank baits that have a UV finish. Recently, I had a great day on upper LOZ using a #5 Shad Rap in the green UV finish--plenty of crappies, channel cats and one lone white (also largemouth and a big drum).

Has anybody else found that UV (ultraviolet) finishes are triggers for crappies?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I really dont think it makes that much difference unless the water is pretty clear....i fish mainly stained water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I feel that each lure has the potential to either produce or not produce for multiple reasons. My best advise is to use what works until it stops and then find something that starts back working. I’ve had hot lures work one season and then go dead cold the next. My luck runs like this, I’ll have only one of one they like. Halfway through the day it gets lost. Buy six the next day and they ignore the same lure.
    Thanks KnightShadow10 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

UV finish may have an effect, but only could tell if you have an assortment out at the same time and see what hits.
    I can tell you this.
    I always put on #5 Shads on a couple poles. Purple Glass is my favorite. Sometimes I end up with all bandit 300 series on certain days Full sun days, I'll always have blue and chrome on.
    Now here is where it gets weird.
    I have days my 100-115 ft long lines crushed the snap weight lines near the boat for shear numbers.
    Other times it's been the ones close to the boat on the snap weights that get the hits.
    Other times, the planer boards were the ticket away from the boat.
    Have an assortment and when something isn't working, change depths; Then change lures.
    Standing in the Gap
    Likes crp4570, Speck LIKED above post