Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapello Weekend report.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello Weekend report.

We fished Wapp this weekend.

Saturday 4 of us put 367 fish in the boat and kept 17. We fished from 9:30-dark. We caught fish EVERYWHERE we fished. From 8'-2'. Just had to throw a jig in the water and wham!!! The water temp was 66 degrees by dark. We checked the bank and nothing.

Sunday 3 of us put 148 fish in the boat and kept 13. We fished from 9:30-4:30. Fish were in anywhere from 8-2 feet again. Water temp hit 68 in the shallows, and was 64 in the 7-8' water.

We were fishing jigs under a float. I dont think it mattered what color it was....as long as it was in the water. There were a LOT of boats both days with most ramps full or overflowing. About half of the fish we caught were 8-8.99999":rolleyes: I will be going again Wednesday after work. I think they will be movin up by then.

How did everyone else do this weekend???

thanks
    longshot

Post Thanks / Like

I did fine did not fish the lake try to stay out of the working man's way on the weekend fished a couple ponds one mine one DOC. Miss Sharon caught a 4lb. channel cat and some 3/4lb perch darn good supper later I caught a 5lb bass and a small pearch tossed em both back. sounds lide you had a crappy day aint it nice

Post Thanks / Like

It was fun to catch that many.....just couldnt keep many of "uncle sams fish"....LOL

We did have some DANDY fish out of the 30 we kept.....course out of 515 you should have some good ones. I took my fiance's nephew (13 years old)....so he had a ball catching so many fish even if we only got to keep 30 in two days.

He said he had never seen that many fish.LOL Catchin a BUNCH of fish has never been a problem at Wapp that is for sure.

Now if I can just find some morel mushrooms to go with the fillets!!!

thanks
    longshot

Post Thanks / Like

Had similar luck as longshot over the weekend. Didn't keep a total fish count but we caught a ton. I fished by myself for a couple of hours Friday and kept 10, all but one were nice fish (11-14 inches). Kept 16 Saturday and Sunday morning we went out for a couple hours and managed just 5 keepers. Had the best luck on creek channel flats in 4 to 6 ft of water. used black/chart and pepper brown/chart. Lots of boats. We tried the banks too with no luck, but I would guess the males will start moving up any time now.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"