HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cave Run

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cave Run

I have been able to catch numbers at Cave Run but no size. Caught around 45 earlier in the week but none over 10”. Any thoughts/suggestions for locating bigger ones?
    Thanks
    Likes cajunblaster, Jman5626 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

25 fow 10-12 ft deep related to brush or stick ups youll still catch small ones but weed through them.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My sources tell me they were catching fish trolling the flats around the brushpiles put out by the KDFWR. This was from the CUSA tourney that was held there this past weekend. That indicates to me that they are still in prespawn mode, but for sure.

There is no size limit and the creel limit is 20/day/person.

Here's a link to the map of the lake showing the KDFWR habitat locations : https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...000000002&z=13

When I used to fish it, they'd normally be spawning around the last week of April ... but, with the two major high water periods it's had since Feb, and the late season cold weather we've experienced this year, it wouldn't surprise me if they are just now getting water temps/levels suitable for a spawning run. And with the temps of 60's at night & 80's during the day ... they may have a short window of opportunity to spawn shallow.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes teams were doing that. I fished it and came in 3rd the teams were longlining the main lake on flats across from the beach and Clay lick also Caney creek and down Beaver. Fish were suspended due to the hard pull of the water all week. The water temp at the surface was 65 to 71 some days so the fish were lost. However with that being said I caught very few fish with eggs I mean I caught 200 fish a day and maybe 3 would have eggs. SOOOO in my opinion along with most of the anglers ere I talked, to the spawn is abut if not over.
    Likes rcornish LIKED above post
    Thanks cajunblaster thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A big Congratulations Powertroll my friend on the 3rd place finish. Did u long lining or Spider Rigging. Miss you at the Fling thought you might had went to it.
    LittleJohn

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the suggestions, updates and comments guys. I am gonna keep trying.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

So what does cave run look like this week? Hopefully heading there early in the morning. Gona stay till I fill the boat or run outa battery lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks LittleJohn we were spider rigging you know where been a busy year so far wanted tgo go to the fling but got so busy it was over before I realized.