Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crankin on Lemon Today.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crankin on Lemon Today.

Went to Lake Lemon today and launched at 7:30 am. it was calm so started out long lining jigs as water temp was 56. fished for a hour and didn't catch nothing so switched to line counter reels and crank baits and started catching fish in 10-15' of water running the creek channel in the main lake, By 10 am wind was howling and weather bug was spiking 17 mph with 3' whitecaps. Fished till 3;30 and they quit biting. I kept 15 in the box from 10 inches to 14.5 and released about 50 small ones. Got home and cleaned the fish and out of 15, only one male the rest were all females and only 3 of them had heavy blood veins in the egg sacks. All the other females are ready to spawn as the eggs sacks are about to bust and formed great. When this water temp gets the right temp all heck is going to break loose as they are ready now! I caught a bunch in 10-12 ft of water drifting down a bank in 3' whitecaps just going with the flow of the wind about 50' from the bank,,and they are slowly coming up. Water temp did reach 61 in a couple of areas. Speed was 1.5 mph, Pico crankbaits, running about 2' off bottom. Water still heavy stained to slight muddy in areas. Enjoy the pic as I didn't lay the fish out as still alittle motion movement sitting here rocking and rolling as it was a very rough day. Need some dramamine I guess.

Name:  IMG_0721.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  47.9 KB

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes INDyak, crp4570, gone_fishing LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta do what you gotta do. Got some good ones in there. About to make a campfire and I'll be after them bright and early.

Sent from my Z983 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

We have a double cold front coming in tonite and supposed to get down to 32 in the morning with chance of patchy frost. Can’t get a break on a weekend for a shot of a perfect day of weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    We have a double cold front coming in tonite and supposed to get down to 32 in the morning with chance of patchy frost. Can’t get a break on a weekend for a shot of a perfect day of weather.

I hate you...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INDyak View Post
    I hate you...lol
    I feel the love on this forum! I am having a bad spring. No mushrooms yet. Turkeys not answering a call to even being vocal. Fishing really has sucked in March and April as well,as the weather fubaring it all up. Heck of a spring. Think I will pop another suds.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea. I didn't even buy a Tom tag this year..got 9 shrooms. Few more fish. Lol. Them you caught today was decent.

Post Thanks / Like

The wife and I love going to lake lemon, it was her families vacation spot for many years.
    It's not a lake that is conducive to bank fishing, limited to a few areas in the park area.
    Happy for your success and please keep those reports coming.
    I will report when I have one.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

They are not on the bank yet. Riddle point gets productive and so does causeway down south side. I figure end of next week they will be closer to bank. However, when I was on Boggs, with the Mega depth finder on sides an, I viewed tons of beds as deep as at the edges of the points in 15-20 of water with fish around them and even a few in them. I didn’t see fish around any beds or in them as of yet on Lemon. All the fish on Lemon were scattered also. And next to Creek channel still. I worked Riddle Point down to the I U Rowing Facilities. And didn’t catch a fish as it was out of the wind and I took a break from the 1-3’ rollers before going back out in them. Minnow fishermen bank fishing weren’t doing that good if any either. It will change and be better for sure tho.

Post Thanks / Like

nice mess and great report.