Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stren Crappie mono or Berkley XT Solar BULK?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stren Crappie mono or Berkley XT Solar BULK?

Anyone know where I could get 1 lb or 2000, 3000 or so yard spools of either of these lines? I like them both. Can't stand Mr Crappie, or any of the other hi vis lines but I don't like the 200 yard Stren spool and would prefer larger amounts. Thanks.

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If ya going through that much of it you need me to spoil some Fresh Mr crappie or fresh Vicious on for ya,! Or do it your self soak it in warm water or take a rag and wet it and hold the line tight when you spool in onto your reel . After you first start spooling stop if the line starts to un spool off the reel flip it over! TAda you set to go !

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to find some more 8 lb XT Solar myself. I've been using Off Shore Angler line from Bass Pro. It's holding up pretty good.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkcrappie View Post
    I'd like to find some more 8 lb XT Solar myself. I've been using Off Shore Angler line from Bass Pro. It's holding up pretty good.
    https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/ber...iABEgKIKfD_BwE

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Berk...SABEgI3CPD_BwE
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes arkcrappie LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FurFlyin View Post
    Anyone know where I could get 1 lb or 2000, 3000 or so yard spools of either of these lines? I like them both. Can't stand Mr Crappie, or any of the other hi vis lines but I don't like the 200 yard Stren spool and would prefer larger amounts. Thanks.
    Did a search and could not find a bulk spool of the stream crappie line.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, double tap.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any trouble spooling it Mitch, but as you know when you've got 10-15 reels to spool, it takes a lot of line. All these spider-long-push-pull set ups I'm aquiring gotta have line on em. LOL

Thanks for the replies, if anybody knows or finds some please let me know. Thanks for checking Cray, I've Googled and can't find any either. I may have to try and call them

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FurFlyin View Post
    All these spider-long-push-pull set ups I'm aquiring gotta have line on em. LOL
    That's why I have braid or heavy pound test mono on mine .... as backing. Then I have leaders made up and wrapped around pool noodle sections, just waiting for their chance to be placed on the duo-lock snap at the end of my main line. Then a filler spool of 6lb test mono will make lots & lots of leaders, and I don't have to worry about refilling the entire reel spool of every long rod outfit I use.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good idee CrappyPappy. I had to top 2 reels off yesterday by using that method, except it was all the same pound line. What knot do you use to tie the two lines together? I just tied an improved clinch knot in each line and pulled them together. It works, but it's a little bulky.

Post Thanks / Like

Google uni-knot to uni-knot. It works good and isn't bulky.
    Last edited by Boa3; 04-21-2018 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Better info
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast