Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any Niangua arm reports from LOZ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Niangua arm reports from LOZ?

Heading down to the lake this weekend and wondering if anyone has been out recently. I know a cold front is scheduled to hit on Saturday(figures), but what are you going to do? I'm tired of waiting for the weather to sort out. Any info on water clarity and water temps would be appreciated. Last time I was down in early March it was muddy and the bite was tough. Will be fishing off the dock and in the boat trying to put a pattern together. Freezer is empty, need to do some restocking!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't speak for the Big, but the Little Niangua has been in good shape clarity-wise. The catching for us has been consistently at least 10 shorts per keeper no matter whether fishing deeper water or shallow structure. I plan to give it another try myself this weekend, but that cold front has me worried.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Were you able to get a water temp reading in the Little Niangua?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for that arm of the lake, but this time of year, even after a front, the evening bite is usually better than the day bite. If the fish are "put off' by the changing weather during the day, they seem move back in to their usual spots in the evening to have a look-see.
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

We did not get a water temp. We're confined to a jon boat with no electronics until the lake comes up another foot.