Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton Green Carp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Green Carp

Beagle. Got a couple friend fishin' a company tournament for Green Carp. Any ideas on where to start and what to use?
    Any help would be appreciated.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Kit, back before I got hooked on REAL fishing, I fished alota green carp tourneys and fished Stockton with some :D sucess. The island in front of the quarry has a bluff on the lake side. Fish both ends. The north end is a long point, headed to the outlet of the dam. Caught my biggest 'spot'(kentucky) there. Also the ramp at the dam, just as you come out to the main lake, to the left(north), look for brush piles on another submerged point. As you are headed south past the main lake island, look to the southwest and you'll find another bluff. Spend some time at the south end of it. Submerged boulders!!! Look on the map for a place called the 'wall'. Just east of it has a point with a road bed. Fish the south end of it. Lots of good smallies early, then hit the lg mouths. Best baits for me was Gitzits. Brown(rootbeer) and a salt/pepper color with a 1/8 oz inside head loaded with sent. Use a 1/4 too. Well that should get you a good start. Hope you get a 'biggun'. Most of the bigones came early!!! Good luck!!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

If its windy and when ain't it there, head to the bluffs with wind blowing into them. Throw a jerkbait until water temp is 50-55*. After that throw a spinnerbait and fish it steady to fast speeds.Around 50* start looking for 45 degree banks with mixed rock or gravel and throw a w. wart. WHen its in the mid 50* start moving from the main lake pts into the coves with the wart or s.bait. Also a brown eakins jig is always good just about anywhere. Wind is critical on that lake, don't avoid it follow it

Post Thanks / Like

new ball game on stockton water is up so fish the grass,back of coves and drop offs. not to much on bass fishin but watch every one on the water and what they are doing and what they are catchin and what the coffee shop talk is and thats what they are saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Figured you guys could help out.

Much appreciated. I'll let DR * Steve know where to start. I'll be in Eufaula chasing real Fish.

Chatt, are you going to be in Eufaula?

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Eat 'em and smile. No Worries man. Fish couldn't be worse than cigars. Or could they?????????
    Thanks Dunc. Any update on a Truman get together?

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

grew up there, if it is up go to price branch and fish the flooded willow bushes with worms and dont over look the old quarry by the dam, good rock struture, used to catch alot of smallmouth there. another place to look is around the campground area of masters, pea gravel and rocks, used to use 1/8 to 1/4 ounce jigs and craws and would do real well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx Keller..
    Much appreciated
    Standing in the Gap