Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many are drillng?

Post Thanks / Like

Default how many are drillng?

slows way down on here in winter. how many of you guys are fishing the hard water? or is it just the southern guys checking in here in winter?

i have only made it out a couple trips for gills but crappie are on my mind. made some modern "steelie slammers" and itching to get on a good minnow bite to run them threw their paces.

Post Thanks / Like

Been out a few times. Mostly slim pickins. Haven't found much in the way of decent crappie. Did manage to get 30 decent gills on a lake near Warsaw last week. After trying all over in deep water, tried a shallow channel just for fun and found them in 5 feet of water using bee moths on tear drops. Hopefully, this warm spell won't hurt the ice.

Post Thanks / Like

Southern guys are land locked. Everything has been iced over, but not SAFE ice. Been tying jigs and drinking bourbon.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes Retired2Fish, danwalleye LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Last thrusday I saw people walking way out on Monroe at leSt 100yds off Moore’s Creek Point. Entire Lake was froze over and no open water anywhere even down at the dam. Fished West Boggs, middle of the lake had 8” of ice and the closer I got to the west side ice thicker to 12-13 inches solid clear ice. Glendale had everybody fishing the ponds all around Dogwood. Dogwood had holes drilled over it here and there but nobody was catching anything on both Dogwood and Boggs. I didn’t catch one fish for 4 hrs of fishing. This ice ain’t going anywhere with no more warm weather we had and the cold coming back tonite. I am rigging up a depth finder to take with me this weekend—Hook 5 and I use a electric drill on my auger to drill threw the ice. Works like a charm, but you need one with 500 ft pounds of energy and biggest batteries you can use, 20 amp is awesome to use.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Caught 40 last Friday and 50 on Saturday between 2 of us on a large lake near Jasper, about half were Crappie on Friday. Some of the gills were a little small but cleanable.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been out on Morse. Caught a few crappie and bluegill. Ice fishing is fun!
    Likes Warrensburger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubes View Post
    Ive been out on Morse. Caught a few crappie and bluegill. Ice fishing is fun!
    only if you're out of your FROZEN MIND !!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes Retired2Fish, Warrensburger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    only if you're out of your FROZEN MIND !!
    well, being cooped up in the house is like my mind being frozen as cabin fever is setting in and ready to do anything to wet a line. Now they have flood warnings out on Miscattatuck and East Fork of the White Rivers from all this rain on frozen ground not to mention the ice, sleet and now 3 inches of snow I just measured. I had to drive 30 miles at noon to meet my UPS driver to get a ice transducer I ordered for a Hook 5 I have for ice fishing. That was a wild drive up and down these ridges. I tried to get home down hwy 50 west side of Shoals and semis were jackknifed across Hwy trying to get up Hickory Ridge part of the high way, so cut thru the country down graveled roads and hills threw back country and didn’t meet a sole in this wicked weather. Glad I have positive traction and 4 wheel drive in truck.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little familiar with that area and it's not a place l'd want to be driving in anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I have a fully restored 88 Ford Ranger with a 4 inch lift, nice sized tires, factory stock p track rear end and 4 wheel drive and its too mint and nice to get rid of, so I drive it locally. It will go anywhere off roading for hunting and fishing. Great traction also and I even have 2 sets of chains to fit the tires. Throw 4 bags of play sand in the bed and ready to baha anywhere. I can get around in it better than my 4 wheel drive Rav4 in this kind of weather. And I have a set of snow tires on the RAV4. I will plow my driveway out when this quits snowing with at but the road I live on might never see a plow as the county never seems to hit it, so living on a hill in woods, I have to fend for myself to be able to get out.

Likes wannabe fisherman, Billbob LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast