Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: EastFork

Post Thanks / Like

Default EastFork

Is EastFork frozen?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

No...I was over there this afternoon at the dam ramp and for the most part the lake is still open. If you look way up in Slab you can see some ice and a little ice has formed by the water tower.
    The road is also clear at the dam ramp. The other day I was at the Tate/Bantam ramp and although the ramp was open the road was pretty icy.
    We're supposed to have a couple more days of this super cold then maybe a little warm up coming early/mid-next week.
    It was hard to tell for sure but the Afton ramp looked snow covered but I was looking at it from the road on top of the dam so I wouldn't swear to it. I did see one vehicle over there and it looked like he had a trailer behind it but like I said it's a long way away and hard to be positive.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish this deep freeze would go away. Love winter fishing but this is too cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ken...did you look at the long range forecast? Looks like mid 40's for a few days next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey John, that you? Eyes getting too bad to see that little picture. Yeh, it looks like the worst will be over this week. Would go Wednesday but we are heading out of town. I got some big ones right before we went into the ice chest. Couple of 12'"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's me.
    I thought I saw your truck over there 1 day when I stopped by on my way home after a morning hunt. We did okay just before the big freeze too but overall I think the size has been off this year compared to the past few years. I'm looking forward to a little warming of these temps too.
    Hopefully your heading south somewhere, I may do that next year for a few weeks in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, lots of dinks. That turnover killed a lot of the bigger ones I think. Caesar Creek has better size these days....just hate to drive an extra hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone been to the lake? Is the ramp open?

Post Thanks / Like

Went on Saturday. Put in at tate. Only tate and afton were open and was limited to the main pool between those ramps. Access was also limited to the first 100 yards or so of the creeks bc of ice. As I came in a fella got stuck on the ramp and i gave him a pull up. Ramp should be clear now. Water was 35-36* and only caught 1 short in 30' fow with its belly on the bottom. Be careful of ice drifts running the main lake as i saw a few.