Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YES! Going fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Default YES! Going fishin!

Just decided at the last minute to head down to LOZ this weekend -- leaving this afternoon.

Any crappie.com folks fishing in the Glaize area are welcome to stop by the docks at Parkview Towers and say hello. I'll have a blue Eagle Claw hat on and be out there most of the day tomorrow (Sat.). Good luck everyone!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

FRSJETS Guest

How was the fishing? I'll be fishing down there between April 25th and 29th. Going out of the eight mile marker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FRSJETS
    How was the fishing? I'll be fishing down there between April 25th and 29th. Going out of the eight mile marker.
    The weekend was not very good. The cold front that went through Thursday made for a couple of slow days. Fished around the docks at the 1 MM. No doubt it will be better by the end of April.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Last edited by Jackpot; 03-19-2007 at 02:28 PM.
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing varied with the mercury...

I fished a bit Friday afternoon and picked up about six, only three of which were keepers. I caught three more Saturday morning (while it was snowing -- I'm an idiot) and things just completely shut down for me Saturday afternoon.

About 10:30 Sunday morning though, just as the warm-up began, they began hitting much better. I picked up five nice keepers in an hour and they were of much better size. I was fishing boat docks over about 11 feet of water and the fish were only about 4-6 feet deep -- I could actually see some of them hit the jig.

BTW, I was fishing the new white/chartreuse SlabBuster along with a chartreuse nibble. I'll be back down on the weekend of the 31st to celebrate my birthday with a little crappie fishin'.

Hope everyone else had better luck this weekend!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Jackpot Mike!

Glad to see Jack finally got hooked up with a Web site. Nice work.

I met with him a month or so ago and passed along a few ideas -- one of which is that he needs to have a Web site. I'm glad he worked with you to get it done.

Congrats!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOZcrappie
    Glad to see Jack finally got hooked up with a Web site. Nice work.

I met with him a month or so ago and passed along a few ideas -- one of which is that he needs to have a Web site. I'm glad he worked with you to get it done.

Congrats!
    Thanks, another one of my hobbies. I'm happy to help him out. BTW, we're always looking for testimonials and photos.
    Mike
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mike

Will do on the testamonial and photo -- I have to remember to take my camera to the lake with me!!!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

Post Thanks / Like

that's a great website. good job jackpot! does jack not sell the lures directly anymore?
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Got to LOZ fri. afternoon. Did a lot of rigging, no fishing , in anticipation of a full day of fishing on Sat.(Wife was in KC so had the whole weekend to myself.)

Took off Sat. at daylight and ran from my condo on the 14mm to my favorite spot in the upper Glaze. Wanted to catch them SO bad on a jerkbait. Tried all the spots where I caught them before the "feeze out" with NO success. One short. Started tightlineing jigs over brush at all levels. No success. Finealy caught about 4 shorts on minnows about 20 ft. deep.

Then the sleet, snow and wind started. The deck of my boat was totally white when I headed back to the condo. At 70 mph I was barley able to keep the ice off the visor of my helment but I made it back safely.

Went back out for a brief time late Sat. evening with no success. Again, tried everything.

Sun. morning, at daylight, I ran to a dock that is at the mouth of a main lake cove that is lodaed with brush with water levels from 6 ft. in the front to 20 ft. in the back. Finally, at about 11ft., I started catching some keepers under a bober with minnows about 8 ft. deep. Caught 6 or 7 keepers. Then they shut off. Fished several docks in same pattern until about 11 a.m. with no further luck, trying everthing.

Went to the condo and got back out about 3 p.m. Went to some proven spots with no succes so I decided to start searching for new spots I had never fished before. Did a lot of boating and seaching for typical signs like rod holders, fish baskets, fishing boats, etc. NO Fish from 3 to 6 p.m. At 6 p.m. I hit a dock and things started happening. Was again in the 11 to 15 ft. range fishing a minnow about 8 ft. deep over a lot of brush when I started caatching some good fish. Caught about 9 good keepers between 10 and 13.5" (caught 2 over 13") in about an hour and then it shut off completely.

Pretty frustrating weekend for me. Would be interested to know if anyone slayed them at LOZ this weekend and if so, how and where you did it.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agreed, Mike...

It was definitely an off and on weekend -- and more of the off-time for me, too. Frustrating, but still better than not fishing!

I told my wife that one of these weekends I'll actually be able to go fishing without taking a propane heater along!!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast