Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: guntersville saturday afternoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default guntersville saturday afternoon

went to the lake around 2pm fished an hour or so after dark and landed and 2 1/2 10 min after I arrived and set up said in my head its going to be a good day after that not another bite the boat 30 yards away picked up 3 total kept one the bait fish were there but not as heavy as usual the water temp was 48 all the signs were there but no takers I have been hitting the same spot over and over with no success I think it is time to head somewhere else
    the bridge at goose pond 79 bridge is where I was set up
    Likes PawPaw Gene LIKED above post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! I have heard that it’s been slow their this year but you couldn’t have told that by the amount of vehicles and boats that were parked their when I passed by their around 6:15 Saturday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I was having the same trouble on my lake recently and changed to a different location besides the area I usually like to fish and changed up the depth of water and how deep I was fishing. I was able to get back on the fish. Not saying this would have any effect on your success but they gotta be somewhere and they gotta eat. Hope you find them guntersville saturday afternoon
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

Moving to a different area may be the ticket to some slabs you would have never caught! Its always hard to give up a place that has produced but its exciting finding those new places that you can add to your list of places to go!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!
    Likes Tony the Tiger, Slabprowler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bigdaddy, at Goose Pond by the ramp, there is a dock and a concrete wall. Did you try there? A friend of mine went not to long ago and threw a dead minnow to the wall, reeled it back towards the dock slowly and he had a limit within a few hours. Might want to give that a shot. Also, another friend of mine went out there and was fishing in 50 fow, fish were hanging around 40 ft. Just some suggestions.

Have you tried Town Creek, Short Creek, Browns Creek?

The weather man said this morning he can't tell if it about to snow again or if we will need shorts for Christmas. This weather is so crazy man. God luck and be safe out there. Merry Christmas to you. Maybe one day I will bump into you out there.