Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which Depthfinder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Depthfinder

Hello Everyone, This is my first visit. I have just recently started trolling for crappie. Could you guys suggest a good depthfinder for trolling and finding brush piles? Probably in the 300-600 price range.I fish Lake Tillery in in N.C. mostly. Thanks,Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome LR77!

I've got a Lowrance X96. It's in that price range. I can't offer you any advice though as I am still tryin to figure the thing out. I don't know enough to to know if it's any good or not.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard LR77. I'm sure you will get some good suggestions from some of the people on here.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lowrance 332c and think it is the best midpriced range units on the market.
    United States-Home of the free, because of the BRAVE. (Pray for our troops)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depthfinder

The Lowrance X96, X125, X135 are very good monochrome [b&w] units. The X125 and X135 are powerful with 480x480 pixel, very strong.
    Most of the color units have pixels in 300 range, so the clarity is not as good as with a unit with higher pixel. I had rather have a monochrome unit with
    high pixels than a weak color unit. This is mine own opion, but I think the
    Lowrance X125 about $300 or the Lowrance X135 about $400 are as good as you can get.

Good Luck

spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lowrance 334c (new model is the 522c I think). I use it at High Rock and really like it. It is easy to use and takes me right to the fish........well okay, but it is easy to use and quite a powerful tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of your suggestions. It,s confusing because there are so many to choose from. Any more thoughts would be appreciated. I want something to really explore the bottom and show temp. What is the advantage of color? Thanks, Larry