Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for anyone that has fished in around Winnipeg Canada

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for anyone that has fished in around Winnipeg Canada

The family and I are going to take a fishing trip to Canada (Winipeg) in August.
    Is there anything anyone can tell me (hints, tips etc) to make this a great memory for ourselves?
    Like whats the best fishing areas...
    Wheres a great lodge to stay for 6 adults?
    Can you rent boats just about anywhere?

Post Thanks / Like

Winnipeg is about 4 hrs from me .... have not done much fishing in the area . When in winnipeg you are only about 2hrs from Kenora and lake of the woods with some of the best fishing in the country with lots of camps and fishing outfitters.
    There are many different species in lake of the woods northern, walleye, crappie , trout, perch and whitefish.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

hey MOmilkman--- what you 6 lookin to catch? And is fishing the only reason for your trip? They get some monster cats in the red river right near there, also some big walleyes, but the immediate area is not a fantastic fishery. like sisco says tho, it is close to world class fishing---like 150-350 miles north and north east from winnipeg. Also, let us know what you want to spend, do you want a drive to facility or fly in lodge. You could spend 2-24 k on a trip to manitoba for 6 , maybe you should call tourism manitoba, they will send you a great package by mail, with a map, books on outfitters, lodges and more