HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The traveling carrot ......

Post Thanks / Like

Default The traveling carrot ......

if you follow my stories you probably saw a thread or a post somewhere , maybe even here about me wandering to the emerald coast a bit with my handtied carrot jig . I happen to have that same jig tied on 2 different rods as I type and did have it on 3 of them as of yesterday . I hit a local spot yesterday with one for a bit from about 9 am to 10 am on a public dock . I found out quickly they would bite it here at home but also found it to be a bit heavy at 1/16 so I went to 1/32 and a plastic imitation of it I am sure some of you have seen before . the extra slow fall on the 1/32 with the plastic on 6 lb clear stren was just to much for them lil crappie brains to stand for sure ....a chart crappie nibble and about 8 to 10 foot deep simply made them go bananas ....I quit yanking em out because I had to get back to work ,but for sure they didn't stop biting ....not many keepers out of 40 or 50 fish but maybe about 10 or so made the 10 inch or above mark .
    almost every single take was a non bite slack line type of thing and I maybe actually had 4 or 5 fish I could feel bite ...thumps did not exist ....
    there was several schools of shad in 2 or 3 sizes milling around the dock and I knew quite positive I was fixing to tear up some lips when I saw the bait ....
    fish were holding 8 to 10 foot down in 10 to 14 or so fow .....I even fouled hooked a few just for good measure .....
    might get out again soon but I am boat shopping right now ....to make matters worse I saw an exact duplicate of my lil whaler with no motor on it for sale and was gunna pick it up on my way back to texas and they sold it before I got back that way
    stay tuned but don't stay thirsty .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

looks like fun outlaw. so that isn't your standard orange and char jig? 32nd so it falls slowly and invitingly. had clouds of baitfish of different sizes around my dock last time i went but wasn't getting bit at all. was wondering if that would be good or bad for fishing.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

ARE THOSE "SELFIES"? i CAN'T DO IT.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Great job and you got some dandy crappie there. I've definitely gotta try orange more often!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have the bait and the technique down to catch the crappie
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to decide if that is Texas Horns orange or TN Vols orange?
    Likes etexbasser, Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdhntr View Post
    looks like fun outlaw. so that isn't your standard orange and char jig? 32nd so it falls slowly and invitingly. had clouds of baitfish of different sizes around my dock last time i went but wasn't getting bit at all. was wondering if that would be good or bad for fishing.
    The hand tie is a 1/16 that old SK ties for me .....I dropped down to the 1/32 and the plastic to get my fall right ....sometimes it is about "losing" touch with your jig , a ridiculous slow fall under a bait cloud will likely get bit don't you know
    Thanks hdhntr thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    Trying to decide if that is Texas Horns orange or TN Vols orange?
    I think the plastic color is called "citrus" ....they were on clearance for stupid cheap and I know they are good baits so I grabbed a few bags
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    ARE THOSE "SELFIES"? i CAN'T DO IT.
    Takes lots a practice bro

Post Thanks / Like

Good job,nice catch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast