Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pet protection?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pet protection?

I took My red heeler pup Dingus to the lake for some bank fishing/ training today.While there,I noticed copious amounts of discarded line,and hooks,plus a multitude of other objects.
    My concern for Dingus getting a hook in him,nearly ruined our trip,but never the less we got in some good behavioral training.My question is for those of you who takes their pets to public waters,Do you have any ideas how to best protect a pet from snagging hidden hooks left by careless folks?

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Place a concrete block about two feet from the water's edge. Attach a three foot piece of chain to the block and Old Dingus
    to the other end. It will allow the pup to get water and even lay in it to cool off. You have to be careful with dogs overheating
    in direct sun when the temperatures are high. Search the area around the block for hidden hazards for a minimum of five
    feet. If he starts a continuous irritating barking, move the block out a few feet. Just kidding. I've never understood women
    or dogs. You blow in a dog's face, it makes him mad. You let him ride to town with you, he holds his head out the window.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Last year while at Wheeler cabins fishing I saw a cat with a hook in its lip. Looked like kid with bling stuck in their lip but. I bet the cat didn't like it. Saw it a couple of days later and the hook was gone. Someone braver than me probably pulled it out.