Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Squirrel Hunter

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Squirrel Hunter

Hey Brad, did you ever make it to Tull's Creek? I'll let you know the next time we go and maybe I can show you around down there. In fact that goes for anyone. I figure I don't own any of those rivers, although I wish I did, so I am willing to share anything I can with fellow fishermen.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

No, not to fish but I did locate the ramp and it's pretty nice.
    Thanks for the offer to show me around. That's the kind of help that can save a man a lot of trial and error time.
    I probably don't have the experience and expertise that you have but would like to extend the same offer. They say even a bling hog finds an acorn once in a while and I'd be happy to pass on a few places where I've found a stray "acorn".
    Do you think Tull's is a lot better fishing than say N.W. or the N.River? From the sounds of it you must have had some good days there.
    I can't wait till it's time to head back to Kerr. Have you fished any other creeks than Buffalo?
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    No, not to fish but I did locate the ramp and it's pretty nice.
    Thanks for the offer to show me around. That's the kind of help that can save a man a lot of trial and error time.
    I probably don't have the experience and expertise that you have but would like to extend the same offer. They say even a bling hog finds an acorn once in a while and I'd be happy to pass on a few places where I've found a stray "acorn".
    Do you think Tull's is a lot better fishing than say N.W. or the N.River? From the sounds of it you must have had some good days there.
    I can't wait till it's time to head back to Kerr. Have you fished any other creeks than Buffalo?
    I don't know nothing about that experience and expertise stuff, I just like to catch fish. We have always done better with crappie at Tull's. So far this year we have caught some real nice fish out of there. NICE thick ones. But for yellow perch, North and Northwest river has always been best.
    As far as Kerr goes, we have fished Rudd's, Bluestone, Sandy and a few others but none as much as Buffalo. Buffalo is closest to where we stay (The Little Retreat) and we have always done well there. We got into a mess of white bass there last year. 1-2 lbs. I keep hearing a lot about Grassy creek but haven't made it there yet. Maybe this March when we go back.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Brad And Bill,i`ll Tell You What How About You 2 Get Together In March And Come Up For A Day And I Will Take Yall Out And Fish Arround Grassy Creek.it Is A Nice Place To Fish But It Is A Dangerous Creek If You Don`t Know It.must Of The 3lbers That Were Caught On Kerr This Year Were Caught In Grassy.i`ll Also Take You Out To The Main Part Of Butchers Creek And Show You Some Good Spots As Will.let Me Know If Yall Want To Go.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    Brad And Bill,i`ll Tell You What How About You 2 Get Together In March And Come Up For A Day And I Will Take Yall Out And Fish Arround Grassy Creek.it Is A Nice Place To Fish But It Is A Dangerous Creek If You Don`t Know It.must Of The 3lbers That Were Caught On Kerr This Year Were Caught In Grassy.i`ll Also Take You Out To The Main Part Of Butchers Creek And Show You Some Good Spots As Will.let Me Know If Yall Want To Go.
    Dave, we will be arriving Mar 20th for our yearly week long visit. I'm not sure yet how many of us there will be (4 or 5). We are planning on bringing 3 boats if 5. Hopefully Brad can make then too.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Dave and Bill, I went to the ramp near the back end of Grassy, (can't remember the name) last year, went under the road we came in on and then went to the right under another bridge and it opened into a large flat where we did catch a few.
    Dave, is this the place to be or should I have stayed to the left and behind the island ? That's a big place when you don't know where to go.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o