Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 5/20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 5/20

I'm gonna brave the cold front an go up and fish a few hours in the morning. I plan on being at the park office at 7 to get my passes them put in at w. I'll be in a green G3 Jon with a white Johnson. Anyone else going on the morning?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Park offices are closed weekends.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, they are open 7-7 every day. I was there at 7 a.m. sharp and got my pass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parratt1 View Post
    Actually, they are open 7-7 every day. I was there at 7 a.m. sharp and got my pass

How was the fishing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poorboy View Post
    How was the fishing?

Pretty terrible. Well, let me say the wind was pretty terrible. Damn near impossible to fish. I put in at w and went to the other side and a little north and fished that cove. Caught about a 1.5 pound channel cat and a 7 inch crappie. Decided to go on up the river further north and when I got out on the big water the whitecaps were rolling and I just didn't feel safe so I turned around and went back. Fished just south of the W bridge in a couple of those coves and never got a bite. Fished about 2 hours total and just gave up. Still better than working!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parratt1 View Post
    Pretty terrible. Well, let me say the wind was pretty terrible. Damn near impossible to fish. I put in at w and went to the other side and a little north and fished that cove. Caught about a 1.5 pound channel cat and a 7 inch crappie. Decided to go on up the river further north and when I got out on the big water the whitecaps were rolling and I just didn't feel safe so I turned around and went back. Fished just south of the W bridge in a couple of those coves and never got a bite. Fished about 2 hours total and just gave up. Still better than working!

Makes me feel a little better about not going today. Just felt like that cold front was gonna give em lock jaw. And it sounds like they are about spawned out.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report, plan on going out later tonight from the bank. You guys really think the spawn is over?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MustangJimmy816 View Post
    thanks for the report, plan on going out later tonight from the bank. You guys really think the spawn is over?
    Guys on 5/17 were catching them full of firm eggs so I doubt it's over. Gotta be getting closer every day though. Kinda like with bowhunting, I've never, ever shot a deer or caught a fish sittin on the couch at home lol. Good luck if you do go out. If you do go let us know how you do

Likes dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

report soon!