Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wylie thursday night

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie thursday night

Me, crappie eye and kim hit wylie tonight for some slab hunting. as soons i pulled into the bb parking lot, i was wishing i had my money back for them minnnows i was carrying as the water was muddy. Ive never had much luck night fishing under the lights in muddy water, in all the years ive been doing it. you talk about knocking the wind out of my sails,,,,,, we put in and went to one of our holes and give em a try anyway. right off the bat, crappie eye was catching thugs against the bank with lighted corks . that was it. no crappie bites tonight, so we all three started fishing against the bank for thugs, which was hittin often enought to be enjoyable. we stayed till ten pm and come home. no crappie, and about thirty five or forty thugs. water temp 49 degrees. all the thugs run about the same size,, from a pount to a couple pounds. I have a friend thats been wanting a mess of catfish and tonight was a good night to get him some. I dont know what the lower end of the lake is like, but i can say that from the bb bridge on up the water was pretty brown.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

The water down this end is pretty clear but the bite wasn't much better. Fished 2 1/2 hours and caught 4 10-12 inch crappies.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com