Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Once there was a load of crappie fillets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Once there was a load of crappie fillets

that were requested by my mother in law . She lives down in central Texas and its about 2 plus hours to get there from where I live . Now it seems that this weekend was the Texas state barbeque show down in the town close by and of course one could kill 2 birds with one stone if one had the right angle .
    So I adjusted the angle a bit and drove down that way with an ice chest full of crappie to find a hundred kids in a lil bitty creek ketchn crawdads by the zillions . I never have seen quite that many crawdads in one spot I don't think . One could just reach down and grab the water and come up with one or 2 .
    This all said it was the campout/cookout of the year for sure and its the 20th year its been going on . Now mind you this , my son in law can smoke fire out of some meat and NONE of his even made it in the top 20 !
    So if you feel so inclined bring your goat and rub it up and put it on the ole smoker I say go for it ...of course there is a chicken category and a pork category and then of course one must have a beef brisket area as well ....and then >>>there is the ole dutch oven dessert category as well ....throw in a few cold ones and fun don't quite describe it ....Texas attire required btw ...
    so you see sometimes there is just a bit more to ketchn crappie than just going to water and jerking lips off
    hope you enjoy the photos and have a great day
    p.s. someone had to show to up to eat the burned end of the brisket you know
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes hdhntr, ad1974, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

good looking eats

Post Thanks / Like

Great post. Kids in creeks should make anybody grin. Throw in a dog and there will be tons of entertainment.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

where's the picture of the kids in the creek? comeon outlaw! But thanks for the pics of the tejas BBQ and the story. always like to read about the adventures of the Outlaw ketchn!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed the post, thanks!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Now you done made me hunger with all that good lookin smoked meat. Use to catch the fire out of bluegill with small crawdads like the one in the picture.
    Be safe and good luck fishing