HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just don't understand people

Post Thanks / Like

Default I just don't understand people

I was anchored on a spot on LOZ, using my GPS controlled Ulterra. I had been there for an hour casting a single rod and had caught 3 crappie and four white bass. Here comes this boat... I think it is called a "spider rig." They had 8 rods in the front and 4 more in the back. That's fine with me, no problem, but I am 100 yards off the bank anchored on a drop off.

Question, why did this boat load of people with 12 rods in the water need to circle my boat within 20 feet? I could have cast my 1/16 oz crappie jig all the way over their boat.

I asked them if they wanted to get into my boat with me. Their answer... "you don't own this water."

What ever happened to civility and respect for others?
    Likes DesertBerry, CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Take a stout Bass casting rig with you with a heavy huge spoon on it next time. If someone approaches too close just pick it up and start casting in the direction you need to. You might actually catch something and it will deter all but the most ignorant. And you can do it legitimately fishing...you may not do it otherwise but hey if you just sincerely fish it hard for as long as it takes nobody can fault you for that. And you don't have to do it as an obvious attempt to divert people...just get serious with that thing for a while and if they pass close enough just tell them all the big bass you been catching on that thing...A little George works good too and I have slammed some big fish working either around a good ledge.
    Likes red ranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tell him "We all own this water- that is why courtesy, sportsmanship and knowing the unwritten rules of conduct on the water are so important".
    Thanks kycreek thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems people forgot to teach their kids common sense and civility and now they have grown into total idiots rude and not trustworthy.
    I went to launch one day some people had their car parked on the ramp single lane narrow ramp and refused to move it even when I pointed out the do not park on ramp and do not fish from dock signs. Got the same response I don't own it.
    Anymore I fish only during the week less rude people.
    Likes DesertBerry, CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Is this another thread about me?

Next someone will complain about how I park at the boat ramp!

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw
    Likes beagle man, Lil Baby LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing summertime brushpiles once and a guy that obviously didn't want me fishing his brush came walking down and started casting a beetle spin at my boat. I told him he'd do better with that lure if he fished the area between the dock and the bank, and he said "don't wanna fish back there I wanna fish out here". I said ok that's cool, I'll hit it then....And on my second pitch I caught a 2 1/2 pounder from under his walkway.
    All of a sudden he got real friendly and wanted to see the bait I was throwing. I told him it was just a jig and that the fish probably would have bit anything that came by him. Jig, worm, BEETLE SPIN.

Ordinarily I wouldn't have fished behind a dock that someone was out on and actively fishing, but he came off as such a jackass that I just felt I had to.

Post Thanks / Like

i was going to put a like a post under a couple of them but heck i like em all
    Likes Redge, crappiebum_kc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago my Dad and I were fishing a bank at LOZ using the trolling motor. A skier came by us pretty close, waving and hollering. We kept fishing the bank and the skier circled and came back again fairly close, waving and hollering. My Dad reached in his tackle box, pulled out the heaviest lead weight he had and tied it on. The skier came by a third time and my Dad cast the weight at him, purposely missing by a few feet. We didn't see the skier come back!
    Likes crappiebum_kc, CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookin'&Cookin' View Post
    Is this another thread about me?

Next someone will complain about how I park at the boat ramp!
    I think We know he is not talking about you.
    Likes CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I had a guy pull up and ask if I had an extra Sammich one time...

I said shor-do pull up will pass the jug...

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast