Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tackle organization for the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tackle organization for the year.

Hello all. I just got a new boat. Bought some plano 3700's to organize my tackle and make it easy to find. After 2 hours of getting everything together, WOW. I never new I had so many jig bodies ad jigs to go with them. I filled to 3700 with jig bodies and one with jigs. Now I am going to put them all in my boat. I have had a bad habit of misplacing things , so I just go buy a few more until I find them. Well I will not have to buy an for a long time now, so that is good. Anybody else do this too. I find it is a sickness as much as anything. Just like to get the newest latest greatest colors and body styles. Now to get the motor broke in and then on to fishing.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that you will find that common here. The latest and greatest is a sure bet for us suckers that can't wait to be the guy with the bigger fish or bigger bag or just something new to break up the normal pattern. All my gear is stowed in the Plani boxes in the garage and I take the ones that I'll be using. Don't think that they could all fit in the boat if they had to. I have some stuff that has been around so long that the colors have faded or changed and get thrown out. It's a sickness, I agree.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Cane Pole, mgrimm, timd3200 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my name is Matthew and I am a jigaholic.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Deck Officer/2nd Engineer - M/V Saint Charles.
    2004 Tracker 17.5' Panfish
    Tite-lok rod holders - PST and BGJP rods
    I fish, therefore I am!
    Likes timd3200 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am also a jigaholic

Post Thanks / Like

If your capabable of sorting your jigs you need some more.
    Likes timd3200, Wayne p LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have it all...hmm. As I have grown, I don't need it or want some of the fancy stuff anymore. I have no need to over-organize.
    I now a have a very basic storage practice for crappie fishing. I store my different size/weight jigs in large pill bottles that sit in a tray near my front seat for easy access. I use a sharpie to write the size on the bottle.
    For my Sliders and BG baits I organize them by favorites leaving them in their original packaging then place them in gallon freezer bags. I store the gallon freezer bags in a couple of Academy Sports plastic ammo cans that do float. When I arrive at a fishing spot, I just lift a preferred bag of baits and set it next to the seat.
    Lastly, I keep a pair of fingernail clippers on a retractable badge holder attached to my PFD...that I wear all the time.
    Efficient, effective, and allows me to change baits and re-tie quickly. Yes, I do keep a tackle bag with me for other items, but don't need to get in it often except for the scale to weigh a fish. I keep fishing needle nose pliers, and forceps close by attached to one of my trays.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!
    Likes timd3200, crappie flash LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'

Post Thanks / Like

I
    Quote Originally Posted by FIN View Post
    If your capabable of sorting your jigs you need some more.
    I never said I sorted them I just put them in boxes. HeHe

Post Thanks / Like

You are to organized for me. Half the fun is where is it?
    Fish hard live hard.