HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always check the weather...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Always check the weather...

Yesterday was beautiful! 80 degrees, calm not breezy, and sunny all day. But I work till 5 and the nearest lake with crappie is 45 minutes away... so this morning I woke up early, got loaded up and headed it. It was cool, but I expected it to warm up..... NO. It never warmed up. About 40 degrees all day. The water was actually warmer @ 45 degrees. And WINDYYYY! The wind blew my little boat every which way and I have no chance. When I finally did find a brush pile, I'd get blown off and loose it before I could even get my line in the water. Tried hiding from the wind behind the pillars of the bridge, but with no success. Fish wouldn't bite on minnows, jigs or nibbles. And I also was not dressed for the occasion. So I froze. Lesson learned... always check the weather before you leave...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks crappie flash thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

yes i hear ya 80 yesterday and 39 today here in louisville glad i made it out yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Wishin I was fishin.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain! It's been a real rollercoaster ride here in the northeast. One day it's near 70 and the next it's in the low 30's! Ice has been very thin, but consistent enough to prevent launching. Another 3 weeks - or sooner - I hope!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I never go fishing without checking the weather forecast. Watch the gradient lines on the weather map, close together strong winds, far apart light wind. Watching which direction the wind is coming from I can always find a spot out of the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

During the summers here in Florida I'm constantly watching and checking the weather. Those afternoon thunderstorms pop up quickly, dump a ton of rain and lightning, and move through with a vengeance. You don't want to be caught on the water during one.
    Likes Alfred, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I check the weather all day. The changes can get you, this time of year.

Ttexastom is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Weather can change rapidly, this time of year. Thunderstorms can get dangerous!

Post Thanks / Like

I make it a habit of checking the weather, mainly the wind speed and direction, but I've found they dont forecast the wind accuratly enough. Now if I'am in doubt, I load the wind sock and 5 gallon buckets, so I can at least troll

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom 513 View Post
    I make it a habit of checking the weather, mainly the wind speed and direction, but I've found they dont forecast the wind accuratly enough. Now if I'am in doubt, I load the wind sock and 5 gallon buckets, so I can at least troll
    Just curious, what are the buckets for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast