Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Hill help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thomas Hill help

Looking at going up to Thomas Hill Friday without the boat. I have been told that bank fishing is good. I have never been there before, any suggestions on where to go, My son is off school and just looking to catch a few crappie and enjoy some warm weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Hdhntr (Keith) has a house close to there so I texted him to give you a personal message. Pm me back if you don't hear from him this afternoon. With it going to be a nice weekend it will be crowed so it is a good thing you are going on Friday. Good luck fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    Hdhntr (Keith) has a house close to there so I texted him to give you a personal message. Pm me back if you don't hear from him this afternoon. With it going to be a nice weekend it will be crowed so it is a good thing you are going on Friday. Good luck fishing.
    Go to the hiway T boat ramp which is the main campsite put in and where T goes across the Lake. It was quite crowded there last weekend but if you see opening along there, usually south side setup along rip rap and cast out with a bobber down about 10 feet as far out as you can cast then bring in slowly looking for brush. mark where that is and fish over that. Fan out your casting and it will increase your odds, crappie have been coming in and catching some nice fish. you can have less competition if you fish north side of causeway and there is brush there, have to find it.

Or you can fish off the handicap jetty sticking out, we caught fish there and usually less people.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck ray, fishing there has been quite good but the word is out.

Post Thanks / Like

On the warm water arm, there is a boat ramp there, follow signs and you will find a fishing dock, only one on lake which does have brush all around and an inside opening but be prepared for a lot of people on weekend. get there early and fishing on rip rap there can be productive as well if dock is too crowded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdhntr View Post
    On the warm water arm, there is a boat ramp there, follow signs and you will find a fishing dock, only one on lake which does have brush all around and an inside opening but be prepared for a lot of people on weekend. get there early and fishing on rip rap there can be productive as well if dock is too crowded.
    That is off of county road F towards the power plant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renegade ray View Post
    Looking at going up to Thomas Hill Friday without the boat. I have been told that bank fishing is good. I have never been there before, any suggestions on where to go, My son is off school and just looking to catch a few crappie and enjoy some warm weather.
    going there friday you should have a great chance of getting a good place to fish on the T causeway. Watch fisherman who are catching fish and move to that spot after they have their limit and leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info, looks like I just need to get there before every one else shows up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renegade ray View Post
    Thanks for all the info, looks like I just need to get there before every one else shows up.
    Friday it shouldn't be to bad, bite doesn't actually get good till after 9 most days. Good fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ray, Let us know how you did? Good or bad and how crowed it was. Thanks,
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast